Fleet Feet Sacramento Davis & Elk Grove and Sacramento Running Association Present
A California International Marathon training experience like no other!
The Official CIM Training Program has everything you need to run your first or your fastest marathon: experienced coaches, ability-based training schedules, marathon specific seminars, discounted tune-up races, and so much more!
Dates: August 1 - December 2, 2020
Ability-Based Training Schedules
- Finish: Complete your first marathon
- Improve: Become a faster, stronger marathoner
- Perform: Chase a PR or qualify for a dream race
Goal Event: California International Marathon, December 6, 2020
- Elk Grove
- If you cancel your registration for CIM Training BEFORE August 1, 2020, you can choose between a refund of your registration fee or a credit in the amount of your registration fee. You can apply your credit to 2021 CIM Training or another Fleet Feet Training Program.
- If you cancel your registration for CIM Training AFTER August 1, 2020, you will receive a prorated credit towards 2021 CIM Training or another Fleet Feet Training Program. Prorated credits will be calculated by subtracting the number of group training runs that have already occurred from the total number of scheduled group training runs.
- If CIM is cancelled, marathon training will continue, if it is safe to do. If you choose to cancel your registration for CIM Training after CIM is cancelled, you will receive a prorated credit towards 2021 CIM Training or another Fleet Feet Training Program. Prorated credits will be calculated by subtracting the number of group training runs that have already occurred from the total number of scheduled group training runs.
- If it is not safe to conduct CIM Training (i.e. the training program is cancelled at any time), you can choose between a prorated refund or a prorated credit towards 2021 CIM Training or another Fleet Feet Training Program. Prorated refunds/credits will be calculated by subtracting the number of group training runs that have already occurred from the number of total group training runs.
Fleet Feet Training
Fleet Feet Training is a community of passionate athletes of all ability levels and backgrounds, dedicated to helping each other achieve goals.
Your fellow trainees will make the group runs fun. They’ll keep you motivated when the workouts get difficult. They’ll keep you accountable when you feel too tired to show up. And they'll celebrate all of your achievements, from the first training run to the finish line!
Race Day VIP Experience
Enjoy the Fleet Feet VIP experience on race day with a Fleet Feet-only pre-race bus from the finish line to the exclusive Fleet Feet warming tent at the start line. Perhaps most importantly, skip the lines and use the Fleet Feet-only set of portable restrooms outside the start line tent. Whatever your race day needs are, Fleet Feet has you covered!
All participants receive 18-week training schedules designed for three different goals: Finish, Improve, and Perform. Choose which schedule is right for you, and switch between schedules as needed. All trainees will participate in the same group training runs.
Wednesdays Group Speed Workouts: 60-minute fully coached workout geared towards increasing aerobic fitness, strength, and speed.
Weekend Long Runs: Gradually increase your mileage each week with guidance from coaches and mentors. Simulate race day with course markings and aid stations.
New Safety Measures
To keep all participants safe from COVID-19, we will follow a new set of rules at Fleet Feet training programs group training runs. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Group Training Runs will be organized into subgroups of 9 or fewer participants. Each subgroup will be separated from other subgroups either by staggering start times or meeting in different locations.
- When you arrive at the group training run, check in with your coach. Your coach will ask you to certify that you have not been exposed to COVID-19.
- Once you are checked in, your coach will assign you to a spot 6 feet away from other participants. Please maintain a 6-foot distance from other participants throughout the group training run. Please refrain from hugs, high fives, and other physical contact.
- Shared amenities will no longer be available at training programs group training runs. That means no cooler of water, no electrolytes, no foam rollers, etc. Please plan to bring everything you need to succeed.
- You will also not be able to leave any personal items in shared areas during your group training run. Please plan to bring all of your things with you, or plan to keep your things in your car.
- You will not be required to wear a face mask, but you are welcome to wear one if you would like to. If you plan to wear a mask, make sure you can breathe well enough to exercise while wearing it.
- Due to increased respiration after exercising, trainees will not be permitted into the store immediately after group training runs.
- Use the bathroom before you arrive at the group training run. Bathrooms will not be available at any group training runs unless otherwise noted.
So Much More
- Two group group training runs per week led by experienced Fleet Feet coaches
- 18-week training schedule
- Kickoff party, halfway celebration, and many other fun events
- Exclusive CIM training tech tee
- $15.00 Fleet Feet coupon
- CIM race day perks, including private bus to start line and heated start line tent with private bathrooms
- VIP experiences at Buffalo Stampede 10-Miler, Urban Cow Half Marathon and Run the Parkway 20-Miler
- Weekly training newsletter with training tips and more
- Hydration products at every group training run and aid stations during long runs
- Education on proper form, pacing, fueling, stretching, and more
- Access to special pricing on Fleet Feet products
- California International Marathon seminar series with special insider information from race organizers and course experts
Training fee does not include any race entry fee.
Dogs, children under 13, and strollers are prohibited Fleet Feet Training group training runs. Minors must be accompanied at all group training runs by a registered parent or guardian unless other arrangements have been approved by Fleet Feet.
Proudly Sponsored By: