Responsible for the day-to-day and long-term leadership of the retail staff and customer experience at Fleet Feet Davis. Oversee the execution of staff training and an exceptional customer experience while meeting sales goals and store objectives; supported by the Retail Experience Director, Operations team, Marketing team and Events team. Within the scope of this position, contribute to the company’s overall mission to change people’s lives by creating a culture of inclusiveness and belonging, thereby helping them live a more fit life.
– Establish and maintain a positive staff culture, with focus on performance management, education, and constant improvement of the customer experience.
– Maintain a team-wide focus on outfitting every customer so that they can have the best possible experience before, during, and after their run.
– Oversee new hire training and continuing education.
– Drive sales and training program registrations through training and mentoring the team of Outfitters. You are last to fit and first to coach, constantly observing and providing feedback to your team.
– Monitor performance of the Outfitters and provide feedback through FIT metrics and performance reviews.
– Lead staff communication efforts, including staff meetings and daily huddles, to ensure that store staff are aware of store initiatives, customer promotions, in-store events/fun runs, training programs, etc.
– Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, and motivating employees or delegating these tasks to key store leaders.
– Schedule employees and assign tasks to provide a great customer experience.
– Communicate regularly and collaborate with Retail Experience Director and other department Managers to ensure store operations are completed according to company policies and procedures and all store goals and objectives are achieved.
– Act as a community advocate and resource as it relates to maintaining an active lifestyle and wellness.
– Other duties as required and directed by the Owner or Retail Experience Director. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
Responsible for the oversight of Assistant Retail Experience Manager and all Outfitters working in the store.
Minimum two years of experience working in retail leadership. Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment. Excellent organizational skills. Experience dealing with budgets, reports, staff training, and customer service. The ideal candidate will be a hardworking entrepreneur and see problems and as opportunities. Must have the ability to build an inspiring culture, be a community leader, and love to engage and interact with people.
**This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.