Join our Fleet Feet Round Rock Mentor Team!
Mentors play an important role in ensuring a great experience for our training program participants. Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Mentor? We are currently looking for run and run/walk mentors for our ongoing training groups ranging from 5K to 13.1 miles.
The Fleet Feet Mentor Team is a passionate group of walk-and-run mentors who help people reach their goals of walking and running.
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is an invaluable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet Round Rock. Mentors attend every group workout throughout a training program to provide support. Their main responsibilities include:
- offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group
- promoting safety and providing support during workouts
- keeping an assigned approximate pace or interval while walking or running
- running alongside participants and making sure everyone is accounted for
- educating participants about the benefits, products, and solutions that Fleet Feet offers
- calling on their past personal experiences to provide knowledge, advice, and general tips when it comes to training and living healthy
- Can motivate and inspire others in a positive manner
- Has completed at least 2 races at your desired distance.
- Is able to attend 80% of all twice-weekly training workouts
- Will relay critical information, suggestions and concerns to the Head Coach
- Is willing to run for the purpose of mentoring and not for your own workout (during group/race runs)
- Can maintain a desired pace or has access to GPS watch for pace guidance
- Is a people person and has a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Willing to be a Fleet Feet Round Rock store ambassador
- Attend Mentor Training
What distances can I mentor for?:
- 5k walk/run, run program
- 10k Training
- 13.1 Half Training
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing that you made a difference in someone's running and/or walking
- Free entry into the training program you are mentoring and free entry into the program goal race
- Special Mentor In-store discount for the duration of the program
- Post-training program party!
If you are interested or have any questions please contact Carol Cary: email@example.com