10k and Half Marathon Training
Are you looking to increase your distance, take your running to another level, or reach a new goal and have fun doing it? Fleet Feet Rockford's experienced couching staff and mentors can help you meet your goals this year. The 10k and half marathon training programs are designed to prepare runners for new distances, a first ever endurance event or assist seasoned runners meet a new performance goal.
This 14 week summer training program meets two times per week and includes education on endurance running principles, hydration and nutrition techniques, body awareness, pacing and running autonomy. Our coaches can help you train for any late summer or early fall race you choose!
When: Wednesdays at 6:00p.m. and Saturdays at 8:00a.m. weekly
Where: We meet weekly at the Fleet Feet store and run various routes.
A group specific t-shirt is included in the cost and a portion of the fees will be donted to a local non-profit (TBD)!
Half Marathion- Strider Half Marathon in Milwaukee, WI on August 24, 2019
10k- Humana Rock and Roll Chicago on July 21, 2019
**This year there will also be an added option of training with Team One Step for the Chicago Half Marathon. More details coming soon!**
What can you expect from this group?
- Supportive and inspiring coaches
- Fleet Feet mentors providing support on each run and at races
- Encouragement and motivation
- Weekly training outline and suggestions
- Fleet Feet Key Tag for group check ins
- Incentives, prizes, and giveaways
- Discounts and various local races and goal race
- Educational demos on nutrition, strength, injury prevention, cross training, etc.
- Non-competitive environment
An informational meeting will be held at Fleet Feet Rockford on May 8th at 5:30pm. A representative will be here from Team One Step as well!
We highly suggest attending this meeting to receive additonal information and have your questions answered.