Rochester Winter Warriors
THIS PROGRAM IS FREE, FUN AND OPEN TO EVERYONE!!!!
Tuesday, December 31st - Friday, February 28th
Our goal is to help keep you having fun all winter long with weekly workouts, challenges, themes and more. And Winter Warrior is here to do just that. This is the BEST time to get outside and get fit! You will make new friends, accomplish fitness goals, and have fun!
Thie group workouts and challenges are completely FREE AND OPEN TO EVERYONE, but registration is required.
How this “Winter Warriors" Works
The program consists of three key pieces and a fun bonus challenge. Point Collection, ROC the Alps and BINGO!
Bonus Challenge: Saucony Winter Dozen Challenge (January only)
To collect points, check-in with FITVIL at the weekly workouts, special events and races. We will track your points and keep you updated on how you’re doing. These points will earn you SnowDough! SnowDough will earn you shopping discounts, and will be awared when you reach, 50 points, 100 points and 150 points. Earn up to 3! We will recognize and award our top point scorers at the end of the program on Friday, February 28th. *once you reach your SnowDough points we will award the SnowDough on the following Friday.
Tuesday ROC the Alps - Group Hill CHALLENGE!!!
Join us every Tuesday to ROC the Alps. Over the course of the program we will work collectively to ROC the Tuesday night Hills at Victor and Armory. All attendees receive 10 points and collect "50 elevation feet" towards the mountain melt down. We will work as a group to collect enough "elevation feet" to scale the LARGEST peaks in the Alps. If we "climb" all three peaks we will earn a special celebration at the end of the program!
1.) Dom 14,911ft
2.) Monte Rosa 15,203ft
3.) Mount Blanc 15,774ft
Monthly BINGO Challenge
Each month we will introduce a "BINGO challenge". Pick up a bingo board, keep it with you and we will stamp it at the free group workouts as you accomplish each task. Fill in your entire board and receive a momento of your success!
Bonus Challenge for January Only
Saucony Winter Dozen Challenge. Start date: January 1st - January 31st. Your goal is to record 3 workouts each week using the Strava app between January 1st and 31st. Workouts must be 10 minutes or longer. All participant must download the Fleet Feet Rewards App and complete the Strava Challenge to receive a prize from Saucony.
Download Strava here
Download Fleet Feet Reward App. here
- Mitten Monday Workout, 6PM at Ridgeway – 5 pt. (3 miles)
- ROC The Alps Tuesday Hill Challenge, 6PM at Armory & Victor – 10 pt.
- Thaw out the Thursday Trails, 6PM at Victor Trails & Ales. - 7pt.
- Flannel Friday Workout, 6PM, Alternating each week between Armory & Ridgeway – 5 pt. (3 miles)
- Snowflake Saturday Workout, 9:30AM Alternating each week between Armory & Ridgeway & Victor - 5 pt. (3 & 5 miles)
- Special Event Workouts (Resolution Run, etc.) 7 pts each.
- Trail Races (Snow Cheap, Cabin Fever) – 7pts each.
- Featured Races (Winter Warrior Half, Quarter Marathon & Relay, Cupid’s Cup) – 10 pts.
- *Special Point Events may be added at any time.
- Special event: Itondequoit Winter Fest Trail hike 6pt. January 25th.
As a Winter Warrior you will receive:
- Incentives for attending workouts and earning points
- Fun events and themed workouts
- A warm place to start and finish your workouts
- Weeks of winter training to keep you motivated through the holidays and in shape for the spring
- Exclusive Winter Warrior communications to keep you up-to-date with themed workouts and events
- Camaraderie and support for workouts during the winter!
Winter Warriors Rules:
- Once you sign up there is no opt out, you’re in! IT’S FREE!
- You must be responsible to check in via FITVIL with your scan tag to earn your points at Fleet Feet Sponsored events and runs.
- You MUST do the prescribed workout for the day – no checking in and heading off to do your own workout!
- No starting early, nor late. A group workout means workout out with a group. Love each other!
- For evening workouts we require a headlamp and reflective clothing!!! Bright colored clothing always recommended! Safety First!
- Follow rules of the road and proper running etiquette at all times.
- NO WHINING!
- NO selling, buying, bartering, giving, donating, stealing, bargaining, haggling, negotiating, swapping, trading (or equivalent to these words) for points.
- Read the Winter Warriors emails.
- Absolutely no spiked/studded shoes inside ANY store.
- You must support each other through Winter Warriors.
- You must have fun!
Questions about the Winter Warriors Program? Contact Winter Warrior Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org