You've already committed to the 26.3 Sehgahunda Trail Marathon and we are committing to helping you train and prepare for a successful race day. The 26.3 mile race takes place on the beautiful trails of Letchworth State Park also known as the "Grand Canyon of the East". The course offers scenic views, challenges and more! The race traverses 100 gullies, 3,000 feet of climbing plus rocks, roots, ruts, leaves & gullies.
The good news is that you don't have to train for Sehgahunda alone. This training program will not only prepare you to run the 26.3 distance, but will also provide you with a proven training plan, trail specific training, the educational components, course previews and support.
*In order for us to offer this training program a minimum of 15 participants must be registered by January 31, 2018
Length of Training Program: 15 weeks
Current Fitness Level: must be consistently running at least 5 days a week for the last 3 months
Program Fee: $175.00
*The race fee is not included in the program fee
Start Date: January 31, 2018
Distance Project and Rock Runners Badge Requirements: Earn the Rock Runners Badge by completing the Sehgahunda Training Program and starting the Sehgahunda Trail Marathon. Earn the Distance Project Badge by completing the Sehgahunda Training Program and finishing the full Sehgahunda Trail Marathon.
Locations: Fleet Feet Sports @ The Armory, Fleet Feet Sports Ridgeway and various locations throughout Rochester, including but not limited to Durand Eastman Park, Webster Park and Mendon Ponds Park.
Workout Format: Weekly Training Schedule, with 2 coached workouts, and up to 4 additional weekly workouts
- Tuesdays, @ The Armory, 6pm
- Saturdays, at different locations in Rochester, 7:30am
- Plus additional select Weeknights, Saturdays/Sundays, at various trail locations in Rochester, times TBD
- Detailed training schedule
- Workoutlog online training tool
- Unlimited email access to the program coaches
- Weekly motivational and educational emails relevant to our training
- Fun and social atmosphere
- Weekly coached workouts
- Weekly paced long runs
- A custom, training program specific apparel item
- Great camaraderie and friendship
- Special savings on training essentials
- Course previews
Requirements for Training Participants:
- Must have been consistently running at least 5 days a week for the last 3 months
- Must be able to train for a rugged marathon, including up to 4 hour training runs
- Solo Runner must have a running base of 20-25 miles per week prior to training
- Must have some trail running experience
- Must not be currently injured
- Must be registered to run Sehgahunda 26.3
- Must be willing to try new and challenging training methods