Do you have experience running or walking marathons and have a passion for sharing your knowledge and experiences with others?
We are currently looking for experienced runners to become one of our famous Pace Group Leaders for our Half and Full Marathon program. Our premium programs would not be possible without our premium Pace Group Leaders! If you have a passion for helping others achieve their personal athletic goals in a positive, organized, and fun environment, and love Fleet Feet, then consider being a Pace Group Leader.
What is a Pace Group Leader?
A Pace Group Leader (PGL) is a valuable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet. Their main responsibilities include: providing support and guidance to their group, offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group, on road safety support, keeping an assigned approximate pace while running, and educating participants about the benefits that Fleet Feet offers. A PGL is a training tool for the participants due to the fact that they can provide personal experiences, wisdom, and other general tips when it comes to training for half marathons, full marathons, and other road events.
PGLs travel around to different locations each Saturday. Runs start on Saturdays at 7:00 or 7:30am (time depends on daylight savings).
- Has run at least 1 marathon (Marathon Pace Group Leaders)
- Has run at least 1 half marathon (Half Marathon Pace Group Leaders)
- Able to attend majority of group training runs and walks (this will be discussed in further detail if you’re selected).
- The understanding that the training focus is on the participants, not themselves
- Can maintain a desired pace or has access to GPS watch for pace guidance
- Can attend a mandatory training seminar at Fleet Feet (Date/Time TBA)
- Is a people person and has a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Has an email account and is willing to use it for training purposes
- Has a strong understanding of the Fleet Feet business and/or has been a customer of Fleet Feet in the past
PGL PERKS for 2019:
- Free Half and Full Marathon training and all of the same program perks as participants!
- 3 times a year special pricing shopping days for current session pace leaders
- 3 times a year special pricing on footwear for current session pace leaders
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing you made a difference in someone’s running
- Fleet Feet Pace Group Leaders will be considered first for pacing duties at Rochester Regional Health Flower City Challenge, Rochester Marathon and Shoreline, Spring Forward and SummerFest before we open it up to the public.
- If you commit to all 3 sessions (I, II, and III) you will receive a jacket!
*Filling out this application does not guarantee you will be a Pace Group Leader. We will select PGLs based on experience and knowledge. Please send questions to Training Program Coordinator Kate Brett: firstname.lastname@example.org