at Fleet Feet Sports
We are continuing to grow our business in the Rochester area and we need individuals who want to work in a customer-focused, team-oriented and rewarding atmosphere.
Do you want to impact others in a positive way? Do you enjoy being active and want to spread your passion to others? Do you like to learn about new products? Have you dreamed about a job in the running industry?
We are the door that leads to more opportunity. Consider joining our team and expanding your future with a local, family-owned business.
Current Job Openings:
(Click on each position for a complete job description)
As a Fleet Feet Sports FIT Specialist, you will work with customers to ensure proper fitting of footwear, sports bras and apparel. You are an ambassador for Fleet Feet Sports and all of our products, activities, programs and events.
Provide exceptional, energetic and knowledgeable experiences for our customers. If you have a passion for running, multi-sport or general fitness AND you love to help others, you may be a perfect FIT for Fleet Feet Sports.
• Become a FIT Specialist in helping customers find the right footwear, apparel, sport bra or essential solution based on their needs
• Provide AMAZING customer service
• Learn about all the training and event offerings to educate customers on various offerings
• Provide exceptional and knowledgeable service
• Retail or Sales Experience preferred
• Truly enjoy helping customers change their lives
• Fun and outgoing attitude and demeanor
• Excellent verbal communication AND presentation skills
• Ability to learn quickly and work in a team environment, along with meet goals
• Ability to talk about Running and Walking ALL DAY LONG
• Comfortable working with feet
• Must be available at least 15 hrs/week and weekends
• $9 - $12/hour depending on experience
• Full Time Benefits (if applicable): Upwards $200 towards monthly medical and dental insurance after 3 months employment, 401K with matching after 6 months employment, Upwards 112 hours PTO accrual/year depending on start date.
• We are looking for long term employees (not Summer or Seasonal) who are available at least one day of the weekend and some evenings, a minimum of 15 hours per week. The role can become a full time position.
As a Marketing Assistant, you will be responsible for developing and executing marketing programs focused on products, training and events at Fleet Feet Sports. This includes Marketing, PR, Social Networking and Sales. Graphic Design skills a plus.
• Manage and maintain social networking and company websites
• Responsible for creating and publishing company newsletters
• Implement marketing plans for products, programs and events
• Maintain and improve customer metrics for Fleet Feet Sports
• Must be organized and able to develop effective and creative communication and marketing plans
• Must enjoy working in customer service and helping customers
• Strong attention to detail
• Must be a team player and able to understand the needs of various departments
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft and Adobe products
• Must know how to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
• Graphic design skills a plus
• Able to communicate clearly, energetically and efficiently
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multifaceted work environment
• $30,000-$35,0000 depending on experience, includes Employer Contribution towards Health Benefits, Employee Purchase Opportunities, 3 Weeks Accumulated Paid Time Off (PTO) and 401K with matching (after 6 months of employment)
The Assistant Manager aids in the management of the retail store consistent with the short and long term interests of the company, its employees and the local environment in which we work and live. He/she will consistently provide our customers with the highest level of service possible and assist the General Manager/Owner in achieving budgeted revenue goals and monitoring expenses. The Assistant Manager should aim to educate and inspire our employees and customers.
• Promote and monitor quality service among staff
• Assist the store manager/owner in formulating the business marketing plan
• Assume responsibility for opening and closing the store and securing all assets
• Ensure and maintain a clean and presentable sales floor at all times
• Assist in executing physical inventories
• Assist in recruiting staff who pursue passions related to our products and philosophy
• Schedule the staff meeting topics, assist in presentation and encourage input by staff
• Ensure all store information is communicated in a timely manner.
• Motivate and develop staff in order to encourage their professional development
• Maintain high merchandising values that reflect the Fleet Feet image by being creative, educational, inviting and expressive
• Previous retail sales experience
• Running footwear, apparel, and accessory product knowledge desired
• Ability to give clear directions and set expectations for staff
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excel and Word proficient
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Effective communication skills
• Able to train and delegate effectively
• Ability to problem solve
• Able to safely lift boxes up to 70lbs
• Comfortable in climbing ladders
• Available to work flexible store schedule based on needs of the business
• Some travel required