At Fleet Feet, we hire people who are passionate about running/walking, serving people and making their day - while providing superior products and customer care.
See all our open positions and Apply Here, or send your cover letter, resume and completed application to Barb@fleetfeetrochester.com
We are hiring for the following positions:
- FIT Professional - See job description below
- Marketing & Outreach Coordinator - See Description Here or send your cover letter, resume and completed application to Ellen@fleetfeetrochester.com
- Inventory Manager/Buyer - See Job Description Here or send your cover letter, resume and completed application to Ellen@fleetfeetrochester.com
- Event Timing & Logistics Production Specialist - See Job Description Here or send your cover letter, resume and completed application to Ellen@fleetfeetrochester.com
More about our FIT Professional Role
As a Fleet Feet FIT Professional, you will work with customers to ensure proper fitting of footwear, sports bras and apparel. You are an ambassador for Fleet Feet and all of our products, activities, programs and events. Provide exceptional, energetic and knowledgeable experiences for our customers. If you have a passion for running, multi-sport or general fitness AND you love to help others, you may be a perfect FIT for Fleet Feet.
• Become a FIT Professional in helping customers find the right footwear, apparel, sport bra or essential solution based on their needs
• Provide AMAZING customer service
• Learn about all the training and event offerings to educate customers on various offerings
• Provide exceptional and knowledgeable service
• Retail or Sales Experience preferred
• Truly enjoy helping customers change their lives
• Fun and outgoing attitude and demeanor
• Excellent verbal communication AND presentation skills
• Ability to learn quickly and work in a team environment, along with meet goals
• Ability to talk about Running and Walking ALL DAY LONG
• Comfortable working with feet
• Must be available at least 15 hrs/week and weekends
Are you ready to work with one of the friendliest and most dedicated teams in retail history?
Fleet Feet Rochester is definitely a fun and rewarding place to work for people who have a passion for quality, guest service, running/walking and community involvement. Fleet Feet can be a career and provide an excellent quality of life with a competitive salary and benefits. There are demands that go along with a position here. So we tend to be selective. After all, we want good people to join us, stay with us and grow with us.
Are you right for Fleet Feet Rochester? Is Fleet Feet Rochester right for you?
Test yourself with these questions:
Do you have a sales sense? Our guests appreciate learning about our products, from shoe technology to the importance of carrying a hydration pack. You should be comfortable (even passionate and excited!) about suggesting items people might enjoy.
Are you good at switching gears? When guest traffic slows, you will find yourself busy with stocking, cleaning and more. But when somebody walks in the door, your focus has to switch 100% to friendly guest service, even if you are behind in your other tasks.
Can you stay calm and friendly under pressure? Imagine providing superior customer care to 2 guests at the same time (with your other team members doing the same) while 5 more guests are waiting. They all want the same level of attention and care, they want it in a timely fashion and they want you to be friendly and appreciative. Things can get very busy here and there is always other work to be done. Expect a fast pace for hours on end.
Are you a team player? Fleet Feet is like a family and we work closely with each other, sometimes under stress or with other things on your mind. And no matter what's going on in your week, your team members will be counting on you to be here 100% when your shift starts. We all depend on each other and support each other. You need to be respectful and patient, and you also need to pull your own weight when it comes to customers and other work that has to get done.
Are you willing to learn new things? People know us as the fit experts. "Fit" does not just refer to shoes but all of our products and our service. You'll need to make an effort to get educated about all of our products, so that you can deliver the level of service our guests have come to expect. We'll help you, but it will be up to you to ask questions and take the time to remember things.
Do you pay attention to the little things? It's the thoughtful little touches that make a "specialty" store so special, like remembering a frequent guests' name or what type of shoe they run in. Going an extra mile for a guest by staying open late or rush shipping them a pair of socks before a big race is what sets us apart. Fun little extras go a long way and make your job worth the effort.
Are you patient and willing to serve people? We expect team members to take a friendly attitude towards customers-to smile and greet them as soon as they walk in, to make conversation with all kinds of people, to serve their needs, to take time and care for them. If you feel shy or awkward about talking with strangers or if you are not willing to serve guests (even touch their feet) you might not like it here.
Are you available on weekends? In this biz, weekends are a key time. Of course we want to have our staff out there racing too, so we take turns allowing each staff member the opportunity to race when they want, but also fill in back at the shop too.
*If you answered "yes" to these questions, please
To apply for FIT Professional position(s): Send resume, cover letter and completed application to Barb@fleetfeetrochester.com. Please include contact information, hours of availability per day, days available, previous work experience, and a brief description of why you picked us. No prior experience is necessary, again you just have to like people and like to run.
• $15-$18/hour depending on experience
• Full Time Benefits (if applicable): Upwards $225 towards monthly medical and dental insurance after 3 months employment, Sick Pay & Vacation Pay depending on start date.
• We are looking for long term employees (not Summer or Seasonal) who are available at least one day of the weekend and some evenings, a minimum of 15 hours per week. The role can become a full time position.
More about the YellowJacket Racing Event Crew Role
• $16-$18/hour depending on experience
• We are looking for long term employees who are available to work the races that occur predominantly on weekends in teh early mornings to mid afternoon. Some weekdays as well.
Culver Rd Armory Location
155 Culver Rd Suite 110
Rochester, NY 14620
10am - 7pm
S: 9am - 5pm
Su: 11am - 4pm
237 High Street Extension
Victor, NY 14564
10am - 7pm
S: 10am - 5pm
Su: 11am - 4pm
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet Sports Rochester