Quick Taco Salad
Found on myrecipes.com
This easy Mexican taco salad will become your go-to weekday recipe to please the whole family.
- 12 ounces ground round
- 2 cups chopped yellow, red, or green bell pepper
- 2 cups bottled salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped plum tomato
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crumbled baked tortilla chips (about 12 chips)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Cook beef and bell pepper in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until beef is browned; stir to crumble. Add salsa; bring to a boil. Stir in cilantro; keep warm.
Place 1 cup lettuce on each of 4 plates; top with 1 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle each serving with 1/2 cup tomato, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup chips, and 1 tablespoon onions.