Fleet Feet Summer Speed Demons Series
Start Date: Wednesday, June 19th
Registration: OPEN *Register here - closes June 27th
Dates: June 19 - August 7, 2019
Don't let the name scare you off, if you can complete a 1-mile run then the Fleet Feet Speed Demons Series is for you! Our Summer Speed Series is a great way to stay race ready and mix up your weekly running miles while becoming a more well-rounded runner.
These speed workouts are aimed to make you a faster, more efficient runner. During the Speed Demons Series you will not only be coached on how to execute and benefit from a variety of unique track workouts, but also on how to maintain good form when running at a harder intensity. We will even cover topics like ideal hydration, dynamic warm ups, cool downs, and body maintenance products that supplement faster workouts.
JOIN THE CLUB! Sign up for the Feet Running Club (year-long membership!) and get 20% OFF any and all Fleet Feet training programs in 2019 among many other perks!
SPEED DEMONS SERIES PERKS
- Coached weekly track workouts designed to improve runner threshold speed and cardiovascular efficiency
- Two timed track meets: one half-way through the series and one at the end of the series so you can see your improvement
- A Fleet Feet coach and friends to motivate and encourage you to reach your goals at every single workout
- Speed Demons Series hat to rep around town and at workouts
- Weekly newsletters with the weekly workout, training tips and resources, notes from the coach, upcoming events and more
- Private Facebook group where you can ask questions and share the pains & gains of speed work with your team mates
- MOST IMPORTANTLY being in a group where you will be known by name, treated like family and looked after by people who are truly invested in your success and happiness
- A SERIOUSLY GOOD TIME! Lots of sweat, new friends, and fast times
WHO IS THE SPEED DEMONS SERIES FOR?
The Speed Demons Series is for anyone who is able to run a mile. The Speed Demons Series is about building speed! Pace groups will be set after a mile time trial that will take place at the first week's workout on June 19th. Everyone will have a pace group to workout and train with each week. Fleet Feet has over 10 years of experience in offering organized and coached training programs – if you show up, we will help you reach your goals! All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian at each workout.
WHEN AND WHERE DO WORKOUTS TAKE PLACE?
Speed Demons track workouts and track meets take place at Patrick Henry High School’s Track at 6:00PM on Wednesdays.
Patrick Henry High School is located at 2102 Grandin Rd. SW, Roanoke, VA 24015. The PH Track is located past the high school, off of Lofton Rd. Parking is available off of Lofton Rd. near the PH Baseball Fields, or on Blenheim Rd. The PH Track is a short walk from both parking locations. We will meet at the PH Track.
CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE PACE GROUPS?
All Speed Demons participants will start the first week's workout off with a 1-mile time trial. After the first week, participants will be grouped according to their 1-mile time trial time. Don't worry about your speed, this was the Speed Demons Series is for! We will help you safely work on your speed. Anyone who cannot attend the first workout on June 19th should conduct a mile time trial and report their time to Coach Leslie.
Your safety is our number one priority. With your safety in mind, we have created the below rules and requirements by which all Fleet Feet Running Club participants must abide.
- All Speed Demons Series participants must have identification with emergency contact information on them at all workouts.
- Earphones are NOT allowed at workouts.
- Participants must have reflective gear and lights when warranted.
- Participants must have a hydration system with them during all workouts. Hydration (nuun) will be provided at each workout.
- All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- No strollers at workouts.
- No animals at workouts.
DO WE DO ANY RACES?
There will be two Speed Demons Track Meets throughout the season. The races will be the 4th and 8th week of training during the weekly Wednesday workout. The races will be held on July 10th and August 7th. Races are free to those in the Speed Demons Series. Those wishing to participate in the track meets who are not part of the Speed Demons Series will be required to pay an entry fee.
WHAT DOES THE COST OF SPEED DEMONS GO TOWARDS?
The cost of the Speed Demons Series is $50. A majority of the proceeds will be donated to the Patrick Henry High School Track & Field program. The remainder of the registration fees goes towards coaching staff, equipment, and insurance.
WILL THERE BE HYDRATION AT THE WEEKLY WORKOUTS?
YES! We will have Nuun and water on tap at the weekly workouts. We want to push your speed, not your dehydration levels!
Questions? Contact Coach Leslie!