At Fleet Feet, safety is our #1 priority. We ask that our Fleet Feet Training mentors and participants abide by the following rules. We recommend these safety tips to our Fleet Feet Pub Run & Walk participants as well.
SAFETY RULES & REQUIREMENTS
- Wear and/or carry identification complete with emergency contact information (we recommend Road ID)
- Wear reflective clothing/accessories and carry lights when dark out
- Bring hydration to carry at all workouts
- No headphones, strollers or pets
- Stay with Fleet Feet Training mentor at all times
- Run and walk only 2 wide on the Greenway
- Be respectful of other pedestriations, groups and bikes on the Greenway
- Adhere to pedestrian and traffic laws
- Run and walk on sidewalks whenever available
- Run and walk against traffic (so cars can see you)
- Maintain safe and cautious behavior to avoid accident and to prevent injury
- Carefully navigate the designated course for each event and adhere to the assigned route
- Respect the members of the community where we run and walk, as well as fellow participants
We will not cancel any Fleet Feet Training workouts if it is simply raining or snowing. You never know what may happen on race day so we want our training participants to be prepared for anything, as long as safety is not at risk.
We WILL cancel workouts under the following conditions. We will often not cancel until right before the workout. We will email participants if we can, and we will post in the Fleet Feet Training Facebook group.
- Thunder storms if lightning is present
- Tornado warnings and/or high winds
- Temperatures below 0˚F or above 110˚F
- Any other dangerous weather conditions, such as ice storm, hail, extremely poor visibility, etc.
Questions? Get in contact with Coach Shaun or call 540-777-1166.