Spring 2024 Half Marathon Info
WELCOME TO ROANOKE'S PREMIUM TRAINING FAMILY!
Our Training Groups are truly amazing!
Over the last 15 years, we have helped thousands reach their personal fitness goals via fun, organized, and supportive groups. We've achieved this by hands on training, group runs and seasoned mentors. When you train with Fleet Feet Training Programs you become part of our family. Our approach to training is special to us and we know you'll appreciate it too!
Program Details & Dates
Info Meeting: December 30th at Vinton RND 9:00am together with Winter Warriors
- Free to attend and open to the public, this meeting is for anyone interested in learning more about our training. During the meeting we will go over what make's training with us special, what to expect and meet the Training Coordinator
First week of training: The first week of training is free to attend, so come out and experience the difference our community makes!
Length of training: 16 Weeks total
Goal Race: Blue Ridge Half Marathon
Training Fee: Pay what you can!
This cost covers insurance for every participant, permits for Greenway usage, coaching, and Mentor support. Any remianing funds are reinvested into the program for future benefits of participants. This does NOT cover race entry, but included with the program is a discount code for your prefered distance.
How does our training work?
Our training is focused around group accountability and support. While you'll receive a detailed training plan, it's personalized to your pace by seasoned mentors. These mentors are the heart of the program; lending support, guidance, and motivation. Each week we meet Thursday and Saturday for workouts. Thursdays are varied, but focus primarily on speed and strength. Saturdays are long runs to build endurance and prepare you for race day. All of this is organized by a team at Fleet Feet and lead by the Training Coordinator.
Who is Half Marathon Training For?
Anyone who is already able to walk a walk or comfortably run a half marathon.
When & Where Does Training Take Place?
You will have a daily training program to follow. Group workouts are Tuesday & Thursday evenings at 6PM and Saturday mornings at 7:30AM. Tuesday will meet at Big Lick Brewing Co while Thursday and Saturday workouts will start and end at River's Edge North.
What Paces are Available
-Interval Running (Run/Walk)
Each pace has different speed groups with mentors
What is the goal race?
The goal race is the Blue Ridge Half Marathon. Race fee is NOT included in the Training registration cost, but an early bird discount for signing up is offered.
- Weekly newsletters from the Training Coordinator filled with motivation and training advice.
- Access to a private Facebook group for all Spring 2024 participants to share their progress through the whole week.
- A Spring 2024 training shirt to rep on race day.
- An end of season party to celebrate your achievement.
- MOST IMPORTANT: being in a group where you will be known by name, treated like family and looked after by people who are truly invested in your success and happiness! We're your new training family. Welcome to your new training family, what else are you waiting for?!
TEST-DRIVE THE FIRST WEEK FOR FREE
All are welcome to TEST DRIVE a Fleet Feet Training workout for FREE the first week of the session before signing up. Please check-in at the Fleet Feet tent when you arrive to fill out a waiver, find your pace group, and meet your mentor.
RULES: No Participant is left behind. While groups do not have to stay as a complete whole, no participant will be left behind to return on their own. Due to safety concerns, the following are not allowed during training: Headphones, Strollers, Bikes, Pets (service animals will be considered on a case by case basis). Proper greenway etiquette is required during training. If the route takes you on roads, rules of the road apply and must be enforced.