SPRING 2021 VIRTUAL TRAINING FOR THE BLUE RIDGE HALF
Start Date: Monday, February 1
End Date: Saturday, April 17
Goal Race: Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Half Marathon
Training Length: 12 Weeks
Registration: OPEN - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
JOIN ROANOKE'S PREMIUM TRAINING FAMILY!
Our Training Groups are awesome! We take extreme pride in helping others reach their goals through fun, organized, and supportive training groups. Over the last 11 years we have successfully trained thousands of people to achieve their personal fitness goals. We believe we have the best mentors and resources around to help you reach your personal training goals.
When you train with Fleet Feet Running Club you become part of our family and you're looked after by people who are truly invested in your success, safety and enjoyment. Our approach to training is special to us and we think you'll appreciate it too. We’d love to have you join our Fleet Feet family.
JOIN THE CLUB!
FLEET FEET TRAINING PERKS:
- Virtual support and training plans
- Fleet Feet coupon book for the training program season
- Mentors and friends to motivate and encourage you to reach your goals
- Fleet Feet Training Shirt to rep at goal race
- Weekly Newsletters with training plans, training tips and resources, notes from the coach, upcoming events and more
- MOST IMPORTANTLY being in a group where you will be known by name, treated like family and looked after by people who are truly invested in your success and happiness. We're your new training family!
- Private Facebook group for all Spring 2021 Training Program Participants
WHO IS 13.1 TRAINING FOR?
Anyone who is already able to run at least 5 miles and wants to get ready for 13.1 miles (a half marathon). The 10-week 13.1 Training starts at 5 miles (so you must be able to already run 5 miles comfortably) and builds up to 13.1 miles. We have multiple pace groups for 13.1 Training, including walk, run/walk and run. We do require that all 13.1 Training participants be 18 or older.
WHEN AND WHERE DO WORKOUTS TAKE PLACE?
Since this is a virtual program, there will not be any in-person group workouts this season.
CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE SUGGESTED PACES?
- Walking – Walkers will walk the entire training program.
- Interval Running (Run/Walk) – Interval running includes run/walk intervals – run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute.
- Running – Running the entire time with no breaks.
- 10-11 minute/mile pace group
- 11-12 minute pace group
- 12-13 minute pace group
The cut off time for the Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Half Marathon is 6 hours which requires a 27:30 min/mile pace.
DO WE DO ANY RACES?
The goal race is the Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Half Marathon. The registration fee for the Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Half Marathon is NOT included in the 13.1 Training registration cost.
Questions? Contact Coach Jeremy!