Spring 2023 5K Finisher Info
WELCOME TO ROANOKE'S PREMIUM TRAINING FAMILY!
Our Training Groups are truly amazing!
Over the last 15 years, we have helped thousands reach their personal fitness goals via fun, organized, and supportive groups. We've achieved this by hands on training, group runs and seasoned mentors. When you train with Fleet Feet Training Programs you become part of our family. Our approach to training is special to us and we know you'll appreciate it too!
SIGN UP TODAY!
Program Details & Dates
Kick-off Meeting: 3PM January 15th, 2023 at Fleet Feet Roanoke
- Free to attend, this meeting is for anyone interested in learning more about our training. During the meeting we will go over what make's training with us special, what to expect and meet your mentor.
First week of training: 2/6/23. Our first group workout will be 2/7/23 at Big Lick Brewing. The first week of training is free to attend, so come out and experiance the differance our community makes!
Length of training: 10 Weeks total
Goal Race: SMS Peace, Love Hope Race
Training Fee: $80. This cost covers insurance for every participant, permits for Greenway usage, coaching, and Mentor support. Any remianing funds are reinvested into the program for future benefits of participants. This does NOT cover race entry, but included with the program is a discount code for your prefered distance.
How does our training work?
Our training is focused around group accountability and support. While you'll receive a detailed training plan, it's personalized to your pace by seasoned mentors. These mentors are the heart of the program; lending support, guidance, and motivation. Each week we meet Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for workouts. Tuesdays focus on recovery and easy distance. Thursdays are varied, but focus primarily on speed and strength. Saturdays are long runs to build endurance and prepare you for race day. All of this is organized by a team at Fleet Feet and lead by the Training Coordinator.
Who is 5K Training For?
People who have already completed a 5K, but either want to complete a 5K at a faster pace or aren't ready for a 10K.
What's the Difference Between 5K Finish and No Boundaries?
5K Finish will start out training at 2.5 miles, instead of 1 mile, and work their way up to 4+ miles. No Boundaries will start with the basics and work their way up to 3.1 miles. Over time we will steadily build speed and endurance while training you in proper recovery and stretching
When & Where Does Training Take Place?
You will have a daily training program to follow. Group workouts are Tuesday evenings at 6PM, Thursday evenings at 6PM, and Saturday mornings at 7:30AM. The Tuesday workout will start and end at Big Lick Brewing, while the Thursday and Saturday workouts will start and end at River's Edge North.
What Paces are Available
- Interval Running (Run/Walk)
– Pace of run two minutes and walk one minute
-Running – Running the entire time with no breaks.
9-10 minute pace group, 10-11 minute pace group, 11-12 minute pace group, and 12-13 min/mile pace group
What is the goal race?
The goal race is the SMS Peace, Love, & Hope Run 4/15/23 . Race fee is NOT included in the Training registration cost, but an early bird discount for signing up is offered.
- Weekly newsletters from the Training Coordinator filled with motivation and training advice.
- Access to a private Facebook group for all Spring 2023 participants to share their progress through the whole week.
- Access to store discounts worth over $100 plus and a store gear night with additional discounts.
- Two training clinics focused on further training and advice for race day.
- A Spring 2023 training shirt to rep on race day.
- An end of season party to celebrate your achievement.
- MOST IMPORTANT: being in a group where you will be known by name, treated like family and looked after by people who are truly invested in your success and happiness! We're your new training family. Welcome to your new training family, what else are you waiting for?!
Join our Community TODAY!
TEST-DRIVE THE FIRST WEEK FOR FREE
All are welcome to TEST DRIVE a Fleet Feet Training workout for FREE the first week of the session before signing up. Please check-in at the Fleet Feet tent when you arrive to fill out a waiver, find your pace group, and meet your mentor. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the Training Coordinator at Cameron@fleetfeetroanoke.com for more information.
RULES: No Participant is left behind. While groups do not have to stay as a complete whole, no participant will be left behind to return on their own. Due to safety concerns, the following are not allowed during training: Headphones, Strollers, Bikes, Pets (service animals will be considered on a case by case basis). Proper greenway etiquette is required during training. If the route takes you on roads, rules of the road apply and must be enforced.
More questions? Please Contact Coach Cameron Baker at Cameron@fleetfeetroanoke.com
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet Sports Roanoke