5K Finish Spring 2020 #2 has been cancelled due to COVID-19. Stay tuned for information on Fall 2020. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Stay safe and healthy!
SPRING 2020 5K FINISH TRAINING INFO
Start Date: Tuesday, March 31st
End Date: Wednesday, June 3rd
Goal Race: The Big Run 5K
Training Length: 10 weeks
Kick Off Night: Tuesday, March 31st at Big Lick Brewing Companyn in the private event room
Registration: CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
The cost of 5K Finish Training is $90 and that includes 10 weeks of workouts (three times a week). Registration for The Big Run is not included in the cost for this program.
BACK AGAIN THIS YEAR!
We are donating 50% of your training registration fees to Project Forward. Project Forward, a 501(c)3 non-profit, was founded in August, 2015, by Robin and Blaine Lewis, owners of Fleet Feet Roanoke. Project Forward's mission is to allow the citizens of Roanoke to have access to good shoes and a means to move, ultimately creating a happier and healthier community.
JOIN ROANOKE'S PREMIUM TRAINING FAMILY
Our Training Groups are awesome! We take extreme pride in helping others reach their goals through fun, organized, and supportive training groups. Over the last 11 years we have successfully trained thousands of people to achieve their personal fitness goals. We believe we have the best mentors and resources around to help you reach your personal training goals.
When you train with Fleet Feet Running Club you become part of our family and you're looked after by people who are truly invested in your success, safety and enjoyment. Our approach to training is special to us and we think you'll appreciate it too. We’d love to have you join our Fleet Feet family.
JOIN THE CLUB
Sign up for the Fleet Feet Running Club (year-long membership) and get 20% OFF any and all training programs in 2020 among many other perks!
FLEET FEET TRAINING PERKS
- Fleet Feet coupon book for the training program season
- Core training (optional) after Thursday night workouts
- Mentors and friends to motivate and encourage you to reach your goals at every single workout
- Fleet Feet Training Program Shirt to rep at goal race
- 1 FREE NormaTec recovery session during the training season (must be used before goal race)
- Weekly Newsletters with training plans, training tips and resources, notes from the coach, upcoming events and more.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY being in a group where you will be known by name, treated like family and looked after by people who are truly invested in your success and happiness. We're your new training family!
- Private Facebook group for all Spring 2020 Training Program Participants
- Post-Season Party at The Big Run!
WHO IS 5K FINISH TRAINING FOR?
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 5K FINISH AND NO BOUNDARIES?
5K Finish will start out training at 2.5 miles, instead of 1 mile, and work their way up to 4 miles. No Boundaries will work their way up to 3.1 miles. 5K Finish includes a walking pace group, an interval run/walk pace group, and a running pace group. The intervals will be run 2 minutes and walk 1 minute the entire training.
WHEN AND WHERE DO WORKOUTS TAKE PLACE?
5K Finish meets 3 times a week on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday:
- Tuesday evening workouts are a training run/walk starting at 6PM at the Fleet Feet Pub Run & Walk at Big Lick Brewing Company (409 Salem Ave SW)
- Thursday evening workouts are a training run/walk starting at 6PM at Wasena Park.
- Saturday morning workouts are a long run/walk starting at 8AM at Wasena Park.
WHEN IS THE KICK OFF?
Kick Off Night is on Tuesday, March 31st at Big Lick Brewing Company (409 Salem Ave, Roanoke, VA 24016) at 6:15pm in the private event room. Come out to learn more about the program, meet the mentors, coach, fellow participants, hear testimonials from past participants, and get all of your questions answered! After the information session we'll go on a short walk or run.
CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE 5K FINISH PACE GROUPS?
All participants will start at 2 miles and work up to 4 miles.
- Running - running the entire distance without stopping.
- Interval Running (Run/Walk) – Interval running includes run/walk intervals running for 2 minutes and walking for 1 minute.
Your safety is our number one priority. With your safety in mind, we have created the below rules and requirements by which all Fleet Feet Running Club participants and mentors must abide.
- All 5K Finish pariticipants must have identification with emergency contact information on them at all workouts.
- Earphones are NOT allowed at workouts.
- Participants must have reflective gear and lights when warranted (most of the fall training season!)
- Participants must have a hydration system with them during all workouts.
- Participants must stay with a Fleet Feet Training Mentor at all times.
- No strollers at workouts and no children under the age of 18.
- No animals at workouts.
DO WE DO ANY RACES?
The goal race for 5K Finish Training is the The Big Run 5K. The registration fee for the goal race is NOT included in the No Boundaries registration cost. The Big Run does offer all No Boundaries training participants a $5 OFF coupon code. The code will be shared once you join.
WHAT DOES THE COST OF TRAINING GO TOWARDS?
50% of the cost will be donated to Project Forward. The remainder of the registration fees goes towards coaching staff, equipment, insurance, and part of the registration goes back to the City of Roanoke to help maintain the Greenways and facilities that we use.
Questions? Contact Coach Jeremy!