FALL 2021 TRAINING INFO
Start Date: Monday, August 2, 2021
End Date: Saturday, October 9, 2021
Goal Race: Salem 8K
Training Length: 10 Weeks
This Fall you have the option to continue training with us after the Salem 8K. The extended training with continue training for the Richmond 8K or the Star City 10K. The cost of extending training is an additional $30.
JOIN ROANOKE'S PREMIUM TRAINING FAMILY!
Our Training Groups are awesome! We take extreme pride in helping others reach their goals through fun, organized, and supportive training groups. Over the last 11 years we have successfully trained thousands of people to achieve their personal fitness goals. We believe we have the best mentors and resources around to help you reach your personal training goals.
When you train with Fleet Feet Running Club you become part of our family and you're looked after by people who are truly invested in your success, safety and enjoyment. Our approach to training is special to us and we think you'll appreciate it too. We’d love to have you join our Fleet Feet family.
JOIN THE CLUB!
Sign up here for the Fleet Feet Running Club (year-long membership!) and get 20% OFF any and all training programs in 2021 among many other perks!
FLEET FEET TRAINING PERKS:
- Virtual support and training plans
- Fleet Feet coupon book for the training program season
- Mentors and friends to motivate and encourage you to reach your goals
- Fleet Feet Training Shirt to rep at goal race
- Weekly Newsletters with training plans, training tips and resources, notes from the coach, upcoming events and more.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY being in a group where you will be known by name, treated like family and looked after by people who are truly invested in your success and happiness. We're your new training family!
- Private Facebook group for all Spring 2021 Training Program Participants
WHO IS 8K TRAINING FOR?
Anyone who is already able to walk and/or run 5K and wants to get ready for an 8K.
WHEN AND WHERE DO WORKOUTS TAKE PLACE?
Fleet Feet Training meets twice a week on Thursday and Saturday:
- Thursday evening workouts start at 6PM at River's Edge North (Reserve Ave.) Thursday night workouts will be more of a hill or speed workout with an optional core workout after the run/walk.
- Saturday morning workouts are a long group run starting at 7:00AM at River's Edge North.
TEST-DRIVE THE FIRST WEEK FOR FREE
Anyone is welcome to TEST DRIVE a Fleet Feet Training workout for FREE the first week of the session before signing up. Please check-in at the Fleet Feet tent when you arrive to fill out a waiver and find your pace group.
WHEN IS KICK OFF NIGHT?
Training Kick Off Night is on Sunday, July 25th at 4pm at Fleet Feet Roanoke, located at 4347 Franklin Rd, Roanoke VA 24018. Come out to learn more about the program, meet the mentors and the coach, hear testimonials from past participants, and get all of your questions answered!
CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE SUGGESTED PACES?
- Walking – Walkers will walk the entire training program.
- Interval Running (Run/Walk) – Interval Running includes run/walk intervals – run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute.
- Running – Running the entire time with no breaks.
- 10-11 minute pace group
- 11-12 minute pace group
- 12-13 minute pace group
DO WE DO ANY RACES?
The goal race is the Salem 8K and/or the Richmond 8K or the Star City 10K. The registration fees for the races are NOT included in the Fleet Feet Training registration cost.
Questions? Contact Coach Jeremy!