Join our Fleet Feet Richmond Mentor Team!
Mentors play an important role in ensuring a great experience for our training program participants. Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Mentor? We are currently looking for run and run/walk mentors for our ongoing training groups ranging from 5k to 8k.
The Fleet Feet Mentor Team is a passionate group of walk and run mentors who help people reach their goals of walking and running.
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is an invaluable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet Richmond. Mentors attend every group workout throughout a training program to provide support. Their main responsibilities include:
- offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group
- promoting safety and providing support during workouts
- keeping an assigned approximate pace or interval while walking or running
- running alongside participants and making sure everyone is accounted for
- educating participants about the benefits, products and solutions that Fleet Feet Sports offers
- calling on their past personal experiences to provide knowledge, advice, and general tips when it comes to training and living healthy
- Can motivate and inspire others in a positive manner
- Has completed at least 2 races at your desired distance.
- Is able to attend 80% of all twice-weekly training workouts
- Will relay critical information, suggestions and concerns to the Head Coach and/or Training Coordinator
- Is willing to run for the purpose of mentoring and not for your own workout (during group/race runs)
- Can maintain a desired pace or has access to GPS watch or GPS app for pace guidance
- Must carry hydration and wear proper visibility gear
- Is a people person and has a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Willing to be a Fleet Feet Sports Richmond store ambassador
- Attend Mentor Trainings
What distances can I mentor for?:
- No Boundaries - 5k distance
- 5k Fast - 5k distance plus hills and speed work
- Children's Hospital 4 Mile Fun Run - 4 mile distance with a focus on cross training with Crunch Fitness
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing that you made a difference in someone's running and/or walking
- Free entry into the training program you are mentoring and discounted entry into the program goal race
Click here to fill out the Mentor Application.
Questions? Please contact Spencer, firstname.lastname@example.org.