Help us support a cause that is near and dear to our hearts in the Speak Up 5k held on September 8th, 2018 at the Carillon at Byrd Park. This race is being held in honor of Cameron Gallagher, a Henrico teen who passed away at the finish line of the Shamrock Half Marathon in March 2014. Before her passing, Cameron had laid out the complete plans for a 5k race meant to raise awareness and funds for childhood depression, an illness with which she personally struggled. The money raised from this event will benefit the Virginia Treatment Center for Children.
Additionally, our No Boundaries Beginner 5k Training and 5k Fast Training Programs will be training for this race as their goal race as the official training teams.
That's why we'd like you all to join us on September 8th and "Fight the good fight, finish the race, and keep the faith". This Bible verse inspired Cameron and has inspired us, too. Help raise awareness and funds for mental illnesses by participating in this fantastic event, and if you're unable to make it on September 8th, you may also donate by clicking here.
- What: The SpeakUp 5k
- Who: You! And your friends, family, and everyone you know - the more the merrier
- When: Saturday, September 8th, 2018 at 9am
- Where: The Carillon at Byrd Park
- Why: To help fulfill Cameron's vision of a 5k to raise awareness and funds for childhood mental illnesses
- Cost of the race is $35. To register, click here.