- Hypertension causes CKD and CKD causes hypertension.
- Persistent proteinuria (protein in the urine) means CKD is present.
- High risk groups include those with diabetes, hypertension and family history of kidney failure.
- African Americans, Hispanics, Pacific Islanders, American Indians and Seniors are also at increased risk.
- 26 million American adults have CKD
- Early detection can help prevent the progression of kidney disease to kidney failure.
As a team, our goal is to raise $300 for The National Kidney Foundation by October 25th. Team members are not required to donate much; as little as $5 can make a difference.
To join our team or simply make a donation, please visit our Fleet Feet Sports team page.
- Saturday, October 4th- Kidney Foundation Shopping Day - 5% of our sales will be donated to The National Kidney Foundation.
- Saturday, October 25th- The National Kidney Foundation Walk