No Boundaries- 5K for Beginners
What is No Boundaries?
A 12-week program designed for the beginning walker, run/walker, or runner to help you complete a 5K (3.1 Miles) on June 11th- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K in Raleigh.
Who is the program for?
No Boundaries is for ANYONE who is beginning an exercise program and wants to walk, run/walk, or run a 5K in 2011. The program begins with workouts of 1 mile and gradually increases to 3.1 miles. You should be able to complete this distance at the end of the program (even if you have to walk, that’ s OK).
• Runners: For people who have a little running experience and can currently run 1 mile or run 1 mile
with periodic walking breaks.
• Run/Walkers: Are you currently Run/Walking but have always wanted to run? This is the program
for you. This training plan starts you with run/walk intervals of running for 1 minute and walking for 2
minutes, and gradually works up to running for 4 minutes and walking for 1 minute. This is a great
method to work up to running the entire way. There is also an option to Run/Walk and gradually build up
your intervals so you are running almost the entire distance.
• Walkers: Same distances as everyone else, but we’ ll focus on walking and walking form.
Not sure which group you belong in? We are flexible & you can change your group at anytime.
Want more information? Attend an info session.
February 22 at 3PM
What is the cost of the Program?
$85- Make a check out to Fleet Feet Sports Raleigh.
(Registration fee does NOT include your race registration).
What will I get out of the program?
• Technical shirt
• Weekly Educational Seminars on nutrition, running gear, stretching, cross training, and lots more.
• Coaching two days a week with a detailed training plan.
• Great opportunity to meet running, run/walking, and walking partners at Red Hat.
• Introduction to running routes on area trails surrounding Red Hat.
Training Days: Tuesday at 11:30AM and Thursday at 8AM with a 4:30PM option as well.
Seminar Days: Seminars will be on Tuesday at 11:30AM before our workout.
How do I register?
Contact Lori Osborne to register email@example.com
What if I don’t like the program?
We certainly hope this isn’ t the case, but should you choose not to participate within 7 days after the program begins (up until March 29th), you’ ll receive a $65 refund (we subtract a processing fee). Full refunds will be offered until March 22nd.
Know someone who would be a great mentor?
Attend the information meeting on March 8th at 2PM to find out more about how to become a mentor.
Fleet Feet Sports
Ridgewood Shopping Center
3546 Wade Ave.
Raleigh, NC 20607
March 8 at 3PM
March 17 at 2PM
For more info contact Jen