- (3 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pound strawberries, diced
- 2 kiwifruits, peeled and diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 pound baby spinach leaves, rinsed but not dried
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place salmon on a baking sheet and sprinkle with lemon zest. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, place strawberries, kiwi, cucumber, jalapeño, mint and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a medium bowl and toss until combined. Set aside. Heat a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add spinach, with water still clinging to leaves, cover and cook 5 minutes or until wilted, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining lemon juice. Divide spinach among plates. Top with salmon and salsa and serve.
If you missed our last Healthy Summer Recipe you can find it here
A big thanks to our friends at Whole Foods in Ridgewood Shopping Center for this recipe.