- 1 medium-sized beet
- 2 cups lettuce or preferred green (spinach works well)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 3 scallions/green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- preferred dressing or juice from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the beet in aluminum foil and place in oven for about 45 minutes, or until soft enough to be pricked with a fork.
- In the meantime, place all other ingredients (except for dressing) in a bowl and toss.
- Carefully remove the beet from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Remove foil and peel the beet. The peel should come off very easily after it has been roasted. Slice the beet and add it to the bowl.
- Top with preferred dressing, or squeeze lemon juice over salad and toss well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.