- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cups pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- raspberry preserves (optional)
- Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes to soften. Drain, but keep some liquid to make the brownies more moist. Add the cocoa powder to the dates, stir to combine, and set aside.
- Put the the pistachios, pecans, almond butter, cranberries, and coconut in a food processor. Pulse until finely ground and the mixture looks like it is close to forming a loose ball or mass
- Remove the lid and add the date mixture. Pulse again until the mixture comes together and forms a ball. Add additional water if it's too crumbly.
- Remove the brownie mixture from the bowl and press into a 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle with extra shredded coconut (optional). Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut and serve with a small dollop of raspberry preserves.