DO IT IN THE RAIN. DO IT IN THE SNOW. DO IT IN THE COLD. DO IT TOGETHER.
The season of gloomy days, colder weather and good, hearty meals is upon us. With that brings the hardest time of year to get out and do what we do: run.
Every year, the Winter Warriors season arrives, providing a fun way to stay active when the weather would otherwise keep us inside. This year, we are back as warriors together. We want running to be a practice that helps you overcome, stay mentally and physically healthy and connect you back to your community.
We're here to make it fun: be a Winter Warrior!
REGISTRATION DEADLINE HAS OFFICIALLY PASSED. BUT, YOU'RE STILL INVITED TO RUN WITH US!
ONLY THE POINTS-PORTION OF WINTER WARRIORS IS NO LONGER OPEN THIS SEASON.
For participants looking for official rules, please view our Winter Warrior Rules for details.
HOW IT WORKS
- Attend group runs (3 scheduled per week) and you'll earn POINTS
- Show up when it is raining, snowing or in cold weather and earn more POINTS
- The more POINTS you earn, the better your reward
- The one with the most POINTS wins!
- We track your POINTS through Fitvil and post standings at the end of the program
- If you haven't noticed, its all about the POINTS!
The Winter Warriors season ends Saturday, February 19, 2022, after which we will crown our overall Winter Warriors champions!
WHAT WINTER WARRIORS INCLUDES
- 12 weeks of social runs and themed runs
- Three weekly opportunities to run (rain or shine)
- Virtual challenges posted on Facebook. Join and follow our Tacoma Facebook group or Bonney Lake Facebook groups for more fun opportunities to stay connected with your group!
- A great group of people to hold you accountable
Please view our Winter Warrior Rules for all details.
WHO IT'S FOR
EVERYONE! Walkers AND runners, exercise beginners and exercise fiends. We really mean it when we say Winter Warriors is for everyone. The goal of the program is to give you incentives to keep moving, whether in darkness, rain, snow or cold weather. We want everyone to stay active this winter.
If you'd like a more structured program toward an end goal, consider joining our next session of Ignite! 5k training or one of our distance training groups.
Tacoma Winter Warriors Run Schedule:
- Monday Evenings - 6:00pm
- Wednesday Evenings - 6:00pm
- Saturday Mornings - 9:00am
All runs start and finish at Fleet Feet Tacoma unless specified otherwise by Fleet Feet Staff.
Bonney Lake Winter Warriors Run Schedule:
- Monday Evenings - 6:00pm at Fleet Feet Bonney Lake
- Wednesday Mornings - 6:30am at Lamppost Coffee
- Saturday Mornings - 9:00am in Tehaleh meeting at The Post
- Cost: $35
- Duration: November 26, 2021-February 19, 2022
- What are your policies with COVID-19?
We will be paying attention to the size of these groups in line with local and state government regulations, and will pause in-person meet ups if the current regulations change or if any other circumstances related to COVID-19 arise. If you do join us regularly in person, we ask that you are masked whenever you are inside our stores, wash your hands frequently, do not attend if you are feeling ill and be working to maintain six feet of distance between you and others in your small group.
- What will Facebook challenges look like?