Everyone's an athlete.
Our 5k training is designed with the beginning runner in mind. Our goal is to build your confidence by providing an approachable training plan, regular dialogue with a coach and strategies to help you run smarter.
- Start date: July 20, 2021.
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Price: $49+processing fees/taxes
- Workout schedule: Mondays are rest days. Tuesdays (at 6 pm) and Saturdays (at 9 am) are group workouts at Fleet Feet Tacoma and Fleet Feet Bonney Lake. We'll continue to follow COVID-19 guidelines for group training meetups and adjust our protocols as they change.
- Workout delivery: we have three different training tiers based on your level of fitness. We'll match you with your best fit on the first week of training, and provide a printed copy for you.
- Other perks: our Ignite! Facebook group is a great way to connect with other runners. Every participant receives a Gear Up card they can use for discounts in-store at Fleet Feet for the duration of training (up to $60 in savings!)
- We're partnering with the Pacific Runderland 5k on September 11, 2021. Group participants receive a registration discount. We welcome runners in our Puget Sound community training for other races and are happy to adjust your plan to meet your goals.
Register here for Ignite! Tacoma.
Register here for Ignite! Bonney Lake.
Meet your Tacoma Coach: Bekah Olson (email)
Bekah works at our Tacoma shop as a coach, outfitters and inventory specialist.
Meet your Bonney Lake Coach: Kristin Schroll (email)
I have been a competitive runner since I was about 12 years old when I joined my middle school track & field team. When I first joined the sport, I had no idea what I was even doing, nor did I know what events I wanted to do. When I got to high school, I had found my sweet spot in the middle distance events, as well as jumping and competing in heptathlons. I kept growing as an athlete and eventually joined the cross country team and began running distance events by my senior year, and that took me onto running at the collegiate level. I had finished my running career at Eastern Washington University after battling numerous injuries that had left me side-lined and defeated. Roughly six years later, I decided to begin training again and have been doing so injury-free! I am competing in my first half marathon this July, and am currently part of a club running team in Tacoma. I love being a part of the local running community and everything that running embodies. This will be my second time coaching a Fleet Feet Ignite! training group, and I am looking forward to being a part of many more!
Kristin is the manager of our Bonney Lake shop.