If you are looking for a way to stay accountable through the cold winter months, then this Winter Warriors group is for you. There are some changes this year (we think all for the better) so please read through everything before registering. Do you have what it takes to be a Winter Warrior?!
Participants will have 2 options to participate, please choose carefully as once you choose you cannot switch:
1) Virtual Participation: You have 13 weeks to complete 2 outdoor runs (or walks) per week of at least 20 minutes each. Complete and log at least 20 activities to earn your Winter Warriors medal. The runs/walks can be done anywhere as long as it's OUTDOORS. Additional challenge specifics are below.
2) In-Person Participation (Local Participants Only): You have 13 weeks to complete 1 outdoor GROUP run (or walk) per week of at least 1 mile. Complete and log at least 10 activities to earn your Winter Warriors medal. In-person group runs will be offered at the following days/times:
- Wednesday evenings at 6pm at Fleet Feet (it will be dark, night gear required)
- Friday Morning Breakfast Runs at 6:30am at with the MHRRC/Eastern Dutchess (locations vary by week & night gear is not a bad idea for when sunrise is later)
- Sunday mornings at 8am at the Walkway Over the Hudson
This program will not include any formal training program or curriculum, it is simply an accountability challenge to keep everyone moving during the cold and dark winter months! All paces and levels including walkers are welcome. Everyone will likely be completing different distances at various paces during the group meet-ups. We will take a group picture at each meet-up and then everyone can be on their way!
There is also absolutely amazing SWAG for this group which can be viewed by clicking the link below.
Program fees are as follows:
- EARLY BIRD (9/25-9/30): $45
- REGULAR REGISTRATION (10/1-10/31): $50
- LATE REGISTRATION (11/1-21): $55
For additional information on the challenge or to register please visit: https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/ANYWHERE/WinterWarriorsFleetFeetPoughkeepsie