Given the current circumstances and the current need for support and accountability now more than ever, our Spring 2020 5K/10K group is going virtual!
Kick-Off Meeting & Injury Prevention Workshop: Wednesday, April 1st at 6:30pm via Zoom. A link will sent to all participants in advance of the kick-off. While we would love to "see" you, you have the option within Zoom to turn your camera on or off.
Group Runs: Even though state mandates currently prevent us from running together as a group, that doesn't mean that we can't train together but run separately. If and when we are permitted to run again as a group, we will definitely do so on Wednesday evenings (at Fleet Feet) and Sunday mornings (Walkway Over the Hudson). #runningisnotcancelled
Group Motivation and Support: There will be a private Facebook page where participants can ask questions, share their runs and will be a place for ongoing accountability and support.
Training Plan: All participants will be provided with a detailed 5K or 10K training plan for their selected "track" (see below). It will be distributed electronically but we are in the process of trying to secure a platform for distributing and managing the training plan via an app. More details to follow on this.
- "Finish" Plan: for those who simply wish to complete a 5K or 10K without a specific time goal
- "Fast" Plan: for those who wish to complete a 5K or 10K and have a specific time goal in mind (it is recommended that you will have completed 1-2 5K or 10K races before joining this track)
Goal Race: We need a goal race to keep motivated! It was supposed to be The Big Run on Wednesday 6/3 but who in the world knows at this point if that race will happen as intended or if it will go virtual. The good news is that The Big Run courses are already marked out (from Gold's Gym LaGrange) and we can run them regardless of world affairs. For now, we are planning on a virtual experience until we are able to get a better handle on whether or not races in June will move forward as planned. Put the goal race on your calendar and get excited about it!
What's Included in the Program?
- A discounted rate of just $20 for The Big Run 5K or 10K
- An 8 week training plan designed by an RRCA certified coach
- Private Facebook group for encouragement, motivation and camaraderie
- Running friends forever
- Custom designed team t-shirt
- Experienced mentors
- A punch card with various discounts at Fleet Feet
- Injury prevention workshop with Feldman Physical Therapy via Zoom video conference on 4/1 at 6:30pm
- Other interactive sessions via Zoom
- A private Strava group where we can all view each other's runs and provide encouragement
- Access to an online strength training program created by Feldman Physical Therapy (additional fee); strength training recommendations will be made in the training plan.
Training Program Costs are $100*
Fleet Feet Training Group Alumni Cost: $80*
* Please note that the race fee for the Big Run is separate from training group fees.
Strength Training Subscription: $15 a month to be paid separately and can be canceled at anytime.
For additional information about our goal race, please visit:
If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to contact the store.
Once you are ready to register, please complete the form below and you will receive an invoice and a confirmation email from us within a day or 2!