Swim Training for Triathletes and Swimmers
Do you want to be a triathlete? Or are you a swimmer that wants to improve? Start your triathlon training off right by working on your weakest link in the triathlon - the swim! This 7-week training program is geared towards those new to the sport of triathlon and those who have competed in triathlons and want to work on their swim. This class is also appropriate for swimmers that want to improve their form and endurance.
This 7 week program is the perfect opportunity for athletes preparing for the upcoming triathlon season. The objective of our class is to improve your swim speed and endurance by focusing on stroke technique and overall efficiency. Each week, you will practice drills to build muscle memory through correct repetition. We will start with the fundamentals and progressively build into more advanced drills. Athletes will complete this class feeling more comfortable in the water at faster swim speeds.
Swim 101 (Beginner): Great for those who are nervous about swimming and need to improve their basic skills necessary to swim comfortably. Participants must be able to swim, but not well. We will provide stroke instruction, swim endurance and beginner swim workouts to get you confident in the water.
Swim 201 (Advanced): Perfect for intermediate to advanced swimmers looking to increase speed and endurance while refining stroke and technique.
**For those seeking bike/run workouts along with the swim training for triathlon, sign up for Triathlon 101
- Pool Swim Workouts (6 sessions): Wednesdays, May 4 - June 8, 7PM - 8PM, San Ramon Olympic Pool & Aquatic Center, 9900 Broadmoor Drive, San Ramon
- Open water practice June 15, 6PM at Shadow Cliffs Regional Park
Program Dates: May 4 - June 15, 2016
Swim Training Benefits:
- 6 Coached swim workouts in the pool with USA Triathlon Level 1 certified coach Ethan Falls
- 1 Open water (in swim lanes) practice swim at Shadow Cliffs Regional Park
- Beginner and advanced workouts structured to increase endurance level
- Stroke refinement and technique drills
- Under and over water filming of your freestyle stroke with expert analysis
- Swim workouts catered to your ability
- Fleet Feet Sports swim cap
- Fun and supportive group setting
Swim Training Requirements:
- Must be comfortable with your face in the water
- Must be able to swim freestyle for 25 yards without stopping
- Must be 18 years old
Mandatory First Swim Workout: May 4, 7PM at San Ramon Olympic Pool & Aquatic Center. What to expect: A 100 yard (or 50 yard) timed swim will be conducted to determine swim skills. Based on your time and skill level, Coach Ethan will assign you to either Swim 101 or Swim 201, and swim lanes so you are with similar skill levels.
Maximum Participants: 12 (Tri 101 participants will join us in the pool)
Meet the Coach: Coach Ethan Falls has been a competitive runner and triathlete for 20+ years with a lifelong passion for healthy living. He is a USA Triathlon Level 1 certified coach and has competed in 3 Ironman distance triathlons and multiple shorter distance triathlons.
How to Register:
No Refunds will be given if you cannot start or discontinue the Swim program. No Exchanges.
Feel free to email coach Ethan at email@example.com