MARATHON TRAINING 2019
Does the idea of conquering the marathon distance intrigue you? Have you already completed one and want company on your long runs? We offer marathon training via our Fleet Feet Distance 365. While this is informal, non-coached training, we offer a weekly Sunday group long run, training plans, help and advice. Don't train alone, join the fun and support of a group. All paces welcome.
We follow the run/walk method of training and highly encourage this, however, everyone is free to train as they wish. The training plans and routes for the marathon start at 13 miles and average one mile/week increases. You should have completed at least one half marathon previously and be comfortable at that distance to help ensure a strong marathon.
You can join the Fleet Feet Distance 365 at any time during the year. Membership is $75/year, January - December.
Goal Races for 2019: TBD
- Fleet Feet offers free, drop-in hill or track workouts at 6:30pm on Tuesdays, and Saturday group runs at 9am at Fleet Feet. See Run Group info.
- Sunday long runs are for Fleet Feet Distance 365 members only. They take place at 7 or 8AM at various locations around the tri-valley. Distances range from 6-26 miles, but during marathon training will follow the training plan.
- A group to train with on long runs
- The Fleet Feet Distance 365 group is managed by Ethan Falls, level 1 USAT, Good Form Running and Fleet Feet Certified Coach
- Support of other club members, many of whom have completed marathons and beyond
- Private Facebook group
- Cool technical racing shirt or singlet
- Water or Nuun electrolyte replacement at most long runs
- Encouragement, support, and FUN!
- Learn about more benefits of Fleet Feet Distance 365
Fleet Feet Distance 365 Yearly Price: $75 (you are in the club, even after you finish your marathon)!
Fleet Feet Distance 365 Requirements: Wear Fleet Feet gear at races, promote Fleet Feet Sports, demonstrate good sportsmanship, & support each other. Fleet Feet Distance 365 members cannot be a member of any other competitors running club.
Register online through Fitvil:
If you would like further information regarding Fleet Feet Racing, contact Coach Ethan at email@example.com.