Make it a Mile is a 4-week walking/running program designed to help beginners take the first steps to run/walking a whole mile with emphasis on Good Form Running to help keep you injury-free. The program includes a safe, guided training plan designed to allow you to work at your own pace in a non-threatening, non-judgmental environment. At the end of the four weeks, you'll be mentally and physically able to complete one mile. We encourage participants to exercise at their own comfortable pace. This is a beginner walking or walk/run program but can also be used to get a little extra distance before our Beginner 5k program.
Registration open NOW
Maximum participants: 30
- Dates: Monday, May 23 through Saturday, June 18th, 2022
- Goal Race: Pleasanton Sun's Out Fun's Out
- Price: $65 before May 15, $75 after May 15th.
- Workout Times: Group workouts are Wednesdays at 6:30 pm and Saturdays at 8:30 am at Fleet Feet for a coached run.
- A complete 4-week training plan with 2 weekly group workouts!
- Expert coaching from Margaret Quinn, Fleet Feet Running Club Coach
- 10% discount at Fleet Feet Pleasanton during the program
- Mentors to encourage you
- Education on running form, shoes, sports bras, injury prevention and more
- Email support from your coach
- Encouragement, support, and FUN!
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: Trainees should have no active injuries.
- No participants under the age of 18.
- No refunds or exchanges.
- Limited to 30 trainees.