Welcome to Fleet Feet Pleasanton Half Marathon (13.1 miles) Training Program.
This program is friendly for both the first time half marathoner and the person that wants to feel stronger at the finish of their next 13.1. We use the run/walk method of training to help you reach your goals in a non-competitive and fun group environment. The first group long run is 6 miles. A good base will help you to succeed in the half marathon distance
NEW additions to the Spring 2019 training program-
All trainees will get a 10% member discount on gear at Fleet Feet Pleasanton, valid from the program start date to the last day of class. A loyalty card will be issued at the first Saturday group run on January 6th.
Information Meeting: December 20th at 6:15 pm at Fleet Feet
Program Dates: Week of December 31st to March 3rd, 2019. First long run will be on Saturday, January 6th
- Tuesdays at 6:30 pm at Fleet Feet - Hill workout. Please Note: The first Tuesday is New Years Day, so we will have a special New year's Day run at 9 am instead of the hill workout!
- Saturdays at 8 am at Fleet Feet Pleasanton - Long run to increase distance
Goal Race: Livermore Half Marathon on March 3rd, 2019. Register NOW. The price increases December 2nd.
- A 9 week written training plan
- 2 weekly workouts.
- Expert coaching by Ethan Falls, Level 1 USAT, Good Form Running and Fleet Feet Coach Certified
- Videotaped running form analysis
- Private Facebook group
- Cool technical training shirt
- Starter pack of gels
- Water or Nuun electrolyte replacement at all workouts
- Weekly discussions on running form, nutrition, and hydration
- Email support from your coach
- Encouragement, support, and FUN!
Cost: $99. Cost does not include race fee.
Program Requirements: You need to be comfortable running or run/walking 6 miles at a 13 minute pace or faster. You should be running 3 times per week, with a total of 15 miles or more, and must not be injured. This mileage is our first week of training and we increase from there. We know if you are comfortable at this distance at the start, you'll have more fun, be less likely to get injured and be successful!
- Limited to 50 participants.
- Registration closes January 7th or when class is full.
- Refunds or exchanges first week of class only.
- Registration fee does not include race entry fee.
- There is no wait list
Questions about the program? Please email the coach