Are you ready to challenge yourself with a half marathon?!
This program is uniqely designed to train for a combination road/trail half marathon. It is suitable for the seasoned, as well as first time half marathon runner. We use the run/walk method of training to help you reach your goals in a non-competitive and fun group environment. We will be enjoying group Sunday long runs both on the road and at different parks around the Tri-Valley area. The first group long run is 6 miles. A good base will help you to succeed in the half marathon distance. Read further to find out if this program is right for you.
What's NEW in 2020? In 2020, Fleet Feet Running Club (FFRC) is changing things up to give our trainees a more complete experience with longer training sessions. Our new 14-16 week training length ensures that our trainees are improving more steadily, given more time to develop their running abilities, and incorporating more training principals than ever before. The 2020 13.1 Finish training will offer a plan with a complete base training phase that flows into the peak training phase. By this time our trainees should be ready to tackle their half marathon with confidence!
- Information Meeting: Thursday, December 19th, 2019 at 6:30pm at Fleet Feet Pleasanton
- Program Dates: January 18, 2020 - April 26, 2020.
- Goal Race: Livermore Half Marathon (unofficial) Marin County Half Marathon (official)
- Price: $125
- Wednesdays at 6:15 pm at Fleet Feet
- Saturdays at 7:30 am at Fleet Feet
- A 14-week written training plan
- 2 weekly workouts.
- Expert coaching by Ethan Falls and Scout Judd
- 10% discount for trainee during training session
- Technical training shirt to wear while training and racing
- Weekly discussions on running form, nutrition, and hydration
- Email support from your coach
- Encouragement, support, and FUN!
Program Requirements: You need to be comfortable running or run/walking 6 miles at a 13 minute pace or faster. You should be running 3 times per week, with a total of 15 miles or more, and must not be injured. This mileage is our first week of training and we increase from there. We know if you are comfortable at this distance at the start, you'll have more fun, be less likely to get injured and be successful!
- Limited to 50 participants.
- Registration closes January 26th or when class is full.
- Registration fee does not include race entry fee.
- There is no wait list
Questions about the program? Feel free to contact our Training Programs Coordinator at email@example.com