Welcome to Fleet Feet Pleasanton Half Marathon (13.1 miles) Training Program.
This program is a half marathon trail training group. It is suitable for the seasoned, as well as first time trail runner. We use the run/walk method of training to help you reach your goals in a non-competitive and fun group environment. We will be doing the Saturday runs in different parks around the Tri-Valley area. The first group long run is 6 miles. A good base will help you to succeed in the half marathon distance. The following are the parks we will run at:
Wk 1 Sycamore Grove
Wk 2 Lake Chabot
Wk 3 Pleasanton Ridge
Wk 4 Sunol
Wk 5 Del Valle
Wk 6 Brushy Peak
Wk 7 Castle Rock (race route)
Wk 8 Pleasanton Ridge
Wk 9 Race!
NEW additions to the Fall 2019 training program - 10% Trainee Discount while you are in the class.
Information Meeting: Thursday, August 29th at 6:45 at Fleet Feet
Program Dates: September 2nd - November 2. First official Saturday group workout will be on September 7th.
- Tuesdays at 6:30 pm at Fleet Feet - Track or Hill workout.
- Saturdays at 7:30 am at different park locations for trail running - Long run to increase distance.
Goal Race: Diablo Summit Stomp (Brazen Racing) Register NOW.
- A 9 week written training plan
- 2 weekly workouts.
- Expert coaching by Ethan Falls, Level 1 USAT, Good Form Running and Fleet Feet Coach Certified
- 10% discount for trainee during training session
- Private Facebook group
- Cool technical training shirt
- Weekly discussions on running form, nutrition, and hydration and those trails!
- Email support from your coach
- Encouragement, support, and FUN!
Cost: $110 after August 1. $99 before August 1. Use promo code, diablo2019. Cost does not include race fee.
Program Requirements: You need to be comfortable running or run/walking 6 miles at a 13 minute pace or faster. You should be running 3 times per week, with a total of 15 miles or more, and must not be injured. This mileage is our first week of training and we increase from there. We know if you are comfortable at this distance at the start, you'll have more fun, be less likely to get injured and be successful!
- Limited to 50 participants.
- Registration closes September 7th or when class is full.
- Registration fee does not include race entry fee.
- There is no wait list
Questions about the program? Please email the coach