Welcome to Fleet Feet Pleasanton Half Marathon (13.1 miles) Training Program.
This program is friendly for both the first time half marathoner and the person that wants to feel stronger at the finish of their next 13.1. We use the run/walk method of training to help you reach your goals in a non-competitive and fun group environment. The first group long run is 6 miles. A good base will help you to succeed in the half marathon distance.
Our goal race is the Healdsburg Wine Country Half Marathon, a great opportunity for a getaway weekend in wine country!
NEW additions to the Fall 2018 training program-
1) The race fills up, so we will have a handful of reserved spots for the race for our trainees who would like to register for the race. This is a guaranteed entry, not a paid entry.
2) BRICK Northern California will be offering a Functional Fitness class, just for the Half Marathon training group. The class will be held every Thursday evening at 6:30 pm. This will be an optional $50 add on to the base training fee of $110. We highly encouraging this additional class to improve core strength and speed during the race.
Information Meeting: August 20th at 6:30 pm at Fleet Feet
Program Dates: Week of August 27th to October 27th, 2018. First group workout will be on Tuesday, August 28th.
- Tuesdays at 6:30 pm at Pleasanton Middle School track - Track workout to work on speed and form
- Saturdays at 8 am at Fleet Feet Pleasanton - Long run to increase distance
Add-on Functional Fitness class: Thursdays at 6:30 pm at BRICK Northern California - Functional Fitness class to incorporate strength training. Class will be held at their facility at 5480 Sunol Blvd. Suite 7-9 Pleasanton, CA 94566.
Goal Race: Healdsburg Wine Country Half Marathon on October 27th, 2018
- A 9 week written training plan
- 2-3 weekly workouts. 2 group runs, PLUS $50 Functional Fitness option at BRICK.
- Expert coaching by Ethan Falls, Level 1 USAT, Good Form Running and Fleet Feet Coach Certified
- Videotaped running form analysis
- Private Facebook group
- Cool technical training shirt
- Starter pack of gels
- Water or Nuun electrolyte replacement at all workouts
- Weekly discussions on running form, nutrition, and hydration
- Email support from your coach
- Encouragement, support, and FUN!
Cost with BRICK Add on: $160. Cost does not include race fee.
Cost without BRICK Add on: $110. Cost does not include race fee.
Program Requirements: You need to be comfortable running or run/walking 6 miles at a 13 minute pace or faster. You should be running 3 times per week, with a total of 15 miles or more, and must not be injured. This mileage is our first week of training and we increase from there. We know if you are comfortable at this distance at the start, you'll have more fun, be less likely to get injured and be successful!
- Limited to 50 participants.
- Registration closes September 3rd or when class is full.
- Refunds or exchanges first week of class only.
- Registration fee does not include race entry fee.
- There is no wait list
Questions about the program? Please email the coach
Online Registration OPEN NOW
To sign up for the training + BRICK add-on, register below.