Welcome to The Fleet Feet Distance 365
If you enjoy trail running and racing at marathon distance, we have the group for you! Distance 365 is a two-part running club series offered year around designed to unite like minded runners for the weekly long runs. We provide a safe, yet challenging course to run weekly and races to participate in. We meet Sundays at 8 am at various Tri-Valley locations. Distances range from 6-26 miles but you can cut it short to suit your needs. While many train for marathons, all distances are welcome. Trail runs and urban fit runs are all part of the fun of Sunday long runs. From January to May, the Fleet Feet Distance 365 will comprise of primarily trail runs.
What's NEW in 2020? In 2020 Fleet Feet Running Club is offering a two-part club series, a Spring session and Fall session. The Spring session will focus on trail running and racing up to 50k race distance and the Fall session will focus more on road racing, 26.2 and beyond! Our new split 365 club aims to focus on giving all members a complete running experience year-round. If you love running trails the Spring session will suit you best, but if you love running road join us in the Fall, and if you're just a wild runner like us and enjoy both, join us all year!
Spring Trail Running Spring Session: January 5th-May 2020
Is this program for you? This program will be best for runners of all paces or abilities that...
- Can run distances of 6 miles or more (hint: running on a trail for 4 miles equals more than 6 miles on the road.)
- Would like to learn to run safely on trails to prevents falls and spills.
- Don't want to tackle trail running solo.
- Do not mind getting their feet wet or their clothes muddy.
- Know trail running can be hard and embrace an unparalleled running challenge.
- Appreciate that trail running is a great core stability workout too.
- Want to be a kid again and hike up inclines so steep you are forced to walk and descents so tricky that you have to slide on your butt.
- Do not obsess about exact mileage or split times, how liberating!
The Spring Trail Running Program Details:
- Information Meeting: Thursday, December 19th at 6:30 pm
- Trail workouts are held on Sunday mornings at 8am on some of the best trails the Tri Valley has to offer (locations vary week to week). First training session will be Sunday January 5th 2020.
- Goal Race: Horseshoe Lake 50k
- 50k, Marathon, 30k, Half Marathon, and 5 mile option. The distance is up to you!
What is the Fleet Feet Distance 365?
The Fleet Feet Distance 365 is a registered club, comprised of adult runners/walkers and multi-sport athletes of all abilities. Everyone is committed to training, racing, and Fleet Feet. This club is about supporting each other no matter the pace or distance. We are about having a fit, active lifestyle, and setting and achieving goals. Fleet Feet's goal is to help each team member maximize their ability with year-round training opportunities focusing on local and regional races. Team members support each other, promote our store, demonstrate good sportsmanship, and give back to the running community.
Who can join the Fleet Feet Distance 365?
Anyone can join the Fleet Feet Distance 365! All abilities welcome. You can run any pace and any distance. We ask that you be dedicated to Fleet Feet and the team.
Why would a person want to join the team?
Members of Fleet Feet Distance 365 are able to participate in group workouts on Sundays, enjoy team gatherings, and create a unique niche for themselves within the Tri-Valley running and multi-sport community. Not only do members train together, but they race together as well. Carpooling to events, cheering each other on, and celebrating individual victories are all benefits to team members. Members also receive a Fleet Feet team shirt to wear during races. Plus, you get 10% off Fleet Feet Pleasanton purchases for the season.
What do I have to do as a member of the team?
Wear Fleet Feet gear at races, promote Fleet Feet, demonstrate good sportsmanship, & support each other. Fleet Feet Distance 365 members cannot be a member of any other competitors running club.
How much does it cost?
The dues for Spring 2020 is $85 if registering before 12/19, increasing to $100 on December 19th, 2019. Membership is January - May. Fleet Feet Distance members receive a Fleet Feet technical top, access to our supported Sunday long runs, our private Facebook group, special events and more.