Welcome to our Spring 2020 5k Finish Training!
We understand that everyone is on their own journey to a healthier lifestyle. No matter what your journey is, we will have mentors and coaches to help guide and encourage you along the way. Join the fun and see what you can accomplish!
This program is your first step to a new and healthier lifestyle. It utilizes the run/walk method of training and very gently increases the distance and run time each week. We start with a 1 minute running and 30 second walking guideline. We change our intervals week to week to find an interval system that works well for you, while increasing our miles to get closer to your 5k goal. Little by little each week, you grow and build upon the previous week. This is a supportive, non-competitive class for anyone not injured and ready to make a change.
What's NEW this year? In 2020, Fleet Feet Running Club (FFRC) is changing things up to give our trainees a more complete experience with longer training sessions. Our new 14-16 week training length ensures that our trainees are improving more steadily, given more time to develop their running abilities, and incorporating more training principals than ever before! The 2020 5k Finish training will offer a 15 week plan with a complete base training phase than flows into the peak training phase. By this time our trainees should be ready to tackle their 5k with confidence!
INFORMATION MEETING: Wednesday, December 18th at 6 pm at Fleet Feet Pleasanton
- Dates: January 5th to April 18th, 2020
- Goal Race: PPIE Pleasanton Run for Education
- Price: $89 before December 19th, increases to $105 after December 19th
- Workout Times: Group workouts are Wednesdays at 6:15 pm and Sundays at 8:00 am at Fleet Feet for a coached run.
- A complete 15 week training program
- Expert coaching
- Mentors to encourage you
- Cool tech training tee
- Education on running form, shoes, sports bras, injury prevention and more
- Email support from your coach
- Technical running shirt
- 10% off purchases made at Fleet Feet Pleasanton during program session (excludes electronics and cannot be combined with other discounts)
- Encouragement, support, and FUN!
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: You must be regularly run/walking, three days a week. You cannot be injured.
- No participants under the age of 18.
- No refunds or exchanges.
- Limited to 50 participants.
- Registration fee does not include race entry fee.