Welcome to our 10K Training Program!
Have you completed a 5k and want to go further? Have you always wanted to try a trail race but didn't know where to start? Our 9 week program is designed for those looking to increase their distance from 5k to 10k, someone who wants to dip their foot into trail running, or someone just looking for a group to run with on those longer distances. It is suitable for the seasoned, as well as first time trail runner. We use the run/walk method of training to help you reach your goals in a non-competitive and fun group environment. We will be doing the Saturday runs in different parks around the Tri-Valley area. The first group long run is 3 miles. A good base will help you to succeed in the 10K distance. The following are the parks we will run at:
Wk 1 Sycamore Grove
Wk 2 Lake Chabot
Wk 3 Pleasanton Ridge
Wk 4 Sunol
Wk 5 Del Valle
Wk 6 Brushy Peak
Wk 7 Castle Rock (race route)
Wk 8 Pleasanton Ridge
Wk 9 Race!
NEW additions to the Fall 2019 training program - 10% Trainee Discount while you are in the class.
Information Meeting: Thursday, August 29th at 6:45 at Fleet Feet
Program Dates: September 2nd - November 2. First official Saturday group workout will be on September 7th.
- Tuesdays at 6:30 pm at Fleet Feet - Track or Hill workout.
- Saturdays at 7:30 am at different park locations for trail running - Long run to increase distance.
Goal Race: Diablo Summit Stomp (Brazen Racing) Register NOW.
- A 9 week written training plan
- 2 weekly workouts
- 10% discount for trainee during training session
- Cool technical training shirt
- Weekly discussions on running form, nutrition, and hydration and those trails!
- Email support from your coach
- Encouragement, support, and FUN!
Cost: $95 after August 1. $85 before August 1. Use promo code, diablos2019. Cost does not include race fee.
Program Requirements: You need to be comfortable running or run/walking 3 miles at a 13 minute pace or faster. You should be running 3 times per week, with a total of 6 miles or more, and must not be injured. The first Saturday group workout will be 3 miles! We know if you are comfortable at this distance at the start, you'll have more fun, be less likely to get injured and be successful!
- No participants under the age of 18.
- No refunds or exchanges.
- Limited to 50 participants.
- Registration fee does not include race entry fee.
Questions about the program? Please email the coach.