Welcome to Fleet Feet 10K Training Program
You will have the opportunity to train up to three days a week with the group and will receive a week by week training plan to follow during the days we do not meet as a group. We'll have a Wednesday night workout, a Sunday morning long run and a Free Tuesday night hill workout. We recommend prioritizing the Wednesday night workout as this workout is a part of your training plan, but the Tuesday night hill session may fit into the training plan on certain weeks! Our weeknight sessions will begin at 6:15 pm and start from the store or other local sites (such as a track or a scenic running location). The Sunday morning long run will begin at 8 am, also from the store or other local running sites
What's NEW in 2020? In 2020, Fleet Feet Running Club (FFRC) is changing things up to give our trainees a more complete experience with longer training sessions. Our new 14-16 week training length ensures that our trainees are improving more steadily, given more time to develop their running abilities, and incorporating more training principals than ever before! The 2020 10k Finish training will offer plan with a complete base training phase than flows into the peak training phase. By this time our trainees should be ready to tackle their 10k with confidence!
- Program Dates: January 5th to April 19th 2020
- Goal Race: PPIE Pleasanton Run for Education
- Price: $105
- Group Workouts: Wednesdays at 6:15 pm and Sundays at 8 am at Fleet Feet
INFORMATION MEETING: Thursday, December 19th at 6:30pm at Fleet Feet Pleasanton
- A 15 week written training plan
- Expert coaching from Nancy Blair, Fleet Feet Running Club Coach
- 2-3 weekly workouts
- Cool technical training shirt
- Weekly discussions on running form, nutrition, and hydration and those trails!
- Email support from your coach
- 10% discount for the trainee during the training session (some exclusions apply)
- Encouragement, support, and FUN!
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS: You need to be comfortable running or run/walking 3 miles at a 13 minute pace or faster. You should be running 3 times per week, with a total of 6 miles or more, and must not be injured. The first Saturday group workout will be 3 miles! We know if you are comfortable at this distance at the start, you'll have more fun, be less likely to get injured and be successful!
- No participants under the age of 18.
- No refunds or exchanges.
- Limited to 50 participants.
- Registration fee does not include race entry fee.