The Fleet Feet Pittsburgh X Mizuno Scavenger Hunt series is back for the fall with a virtual twist! This wildly popular challenge will have you running all over Pittsburgh searching for some of the city’s hidden gems!
This is a free, four-week virtual challenge with a chance to win some sweet prizes from our friends at Mizuno. The first 40 participants to register will receive a free Fleet Feet X Mizuno Sili pint glass, and the runners who finish with a perfect score will be entered into a raffle to win one of three swag bags from Mizuno.
- Each Sunday in October, participants will receive a route based from one of four different regions in town: Downtown/North Side, Strip District/Lawrenceville, Oakland/Shadyside and the Southside.
- Each route will feature four different “Points of Interest” that runners will need to locate. Each POI is assigned a point value (1 through 4) based on the level of difficulty runners will have locating them. Runners will have the opportunity to earn 10 points every week.
- In order to receive points, runners must put up a post in the Fleet Feet Pittsburgh Running Club Facebook group by the end of the week with a selfie of themselves at each of the POIs using the hashtags #fleetfeetpitt and #mizunorunning.
- Runners using the “buddy system” are limited to small groups of NO MORE THAN FOUR RUNNERS (remember, it’s a 4x4 challenge!) and posts will not be accepted unless all participants are following social distancing guidelines and wearing masks in the photo.
- A weekly leader board will be posted every Monday, so participants can see where they stack up to the rest of the competition.