- Monday is an optional Recovery Run. If you don't run, you should do Cross Training.
- Tuesday is a Speed Work Day. If you are a beginning marathoner, do only the mileage and not the speed work. If you are participating in the Fleet Feet Speed Sessions, those workouts replace those in this plan. Depending on the workout, you may need to do some add on mileage at the end of the Speed Session.
- Wednesday is for Cross Training (biking, spinning, swimming, yoga, walking, etc.)
- Thursday is a Tempo Day. Again, if you are a beginner marathoner, do only the mileage. Start the run with two miles at a conversational pace. Then run the middle miles at race pace. The remainder of the run should be at a conversational pace. The number of miles to do at race pace are designated for each day in the detail.
- Friday is a Rest Day.
- Saturday is the Long Run Day.
- Sunday is a Rest Day.
Click on the calendar entry to see the details for the Tuesday and Thursday workouts.