It's Resolution Season and Fleet Feet Nashville is committed to helping you reach your goal of running a HALF Marathon in 2020!
Whether your goal is "just to finish" your first 13.1 or to run your fastest time ever, our 14 week training program is thoughtfully designed by RRCA Certified Coaches to take you from start to finish and have FUN doing it!
The program has been divided into 4 phases, with each week and phase building on the prior to deliver proven and consistent results.
Phase 1: Weeks 1-4 - Building the Basics - our focus will be on the basics of distance running; steady and consistent mileage combined with optional info clinics on gear and shoes, injury prevention, and WHY you're spending your Saturday mornings getting tired and sweaty.
Phase 2: Weeks 5-8 - Building Strength and Speed - Time to start learning what race pace feels like with optional Speed Sessions, nutrition and hydration clinics to help you fuel and recover well, and post long-run massages.
Phase 3: Weeks 9-12 - Building Consistency - Continuing to put into practice each element along with injury screenings, optional yoga classes and other strength building exercises to keep you in top form.
Phase 4: Weeks 13&14 - Rest, Recover and Race!! Preparing for Race Day - Nashville's Rock and Roll Half Marathon on April 25, 2020!
Every training program registration includes:
- a technical training shirt
- a comprehensive weekly newsletter with special information on group events, discounts, sales, and all long-run logistics with interactive maps
- access to a private Facebook community to share photos, tips and advice, and to cheer each other on
- fully supported Saturday group runs with pacers, turn-by-turn directions, fluids on course, and a sweeper (just in case!)
- pace group leaders for goal half marathon time of 1:45, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45; Interval groups for 10:1, 5:1, 3:1, 1:1 and Walkers.
- optional Saturday post long-run information clinics, injury screenings, product demos, tech sessions and more
- access to RRCA certified coaches and mentors
- training schedule with each day's prescribed workout so you never have to guess
- optional TIME TRIAL on January 11th to help you determine your appropriate pace group
- DISCOUNTED race entry to Mars Petcare St. Patrick's Day 10k on March 14th.
- post race celebration party (TBD)
2020 Training will kickoff with a Resolution Run and Info Session on Saturday, January 4th at 8am at the Green Hills store. Anyone already registered or thinking about registering are welcome to attend!!
Our first Saturday group run will be January 25th at the Brentwood store at 7am.
$100 December 1st - December 31st
$125 January 1st - January 31st
New this year:
Add 8 weeks of Speed Sessions to your Training Program with our special Combo Offer for only $55 (a savings of $25!)
Speed Sessions will be Tuesday mornings at 5:30am at the Lipscomb Academy Track. Don't let the word "speed" scare you. Speed Sessions are designed for runners of all levels and experience and training. Commit to 8 weeks of speed sessions, complete the workouts, and it's almost impossible to not become a faster, more efficient runner!
Take advantage of this special combo offer just for training program participants!
*TRAINING PROGRAM REGISTRATION FEES DO NOT INCLUDE RACE REGISTRATION*