This program focuses on beginners looking to complete their first 5K at the Myrtle Beach Marathon's 5K event on May 1st, 2021. The program is structured by walking or walk/run intervals to help you achieve the goal of completing a 5k. Along the way, we'll provide you with guidance and motivation to keep you moving, as well as weekly group training runs and educational clinics on topics such as proper nutrition, choosing the right gear, and avoiding injury. Plus, you'll have the camaraderie of other local runners just like you!
To be successful in the 5K training program, you should be able to walk at least one mile without difficulty.
The Program meets twice a week during the training period. Each session will last about an hour to an hour and a half depending on the workout prescribed. Included in the program:
- 8 week training schedule (both virtual and in-person options available)
- Clinics on various topics such as: stretching, race prep, nutrition, gear and more
- A safe, supportive environment for all athletic abilities
- 2 weekly organized, coached and mentored workouts
- In-person and email support
- A custom Training Team technical shirt
- Instant friends and great camaraderie
- Supportive and encouraging RRCA certified coach
- Unlimited access to in-store fitness classes
Note: Race entry fee is not included in the training program fee
For additional information, please contact Frank Pepp at firstname.lastname@example.org or Paul Rogers at email@example.com