This training group is designed to help runners and run/walkers successfully complete the 2020 Myrtle Beach Marathon Half marathon. This 16 week program will safely train beginners for their first half marathon, or help experienced runners improve upon their previous half marathon time. This is led by a RRCA certified coach and experienced distance runners. The training plan provided will include speed and hill workout sessions, long runs, tempo runs, cross training and strength training suggestions, and of course the guidance to understand what these all mean! Participants will have in person and email access to their coaches throughout the duration of the program. Participants will also receive Team Fleet Feet Myrtle Beach shirts and discounts (in-store and other special deals). Program begins on November 12th, 2020 and will conclude with the Myrtle Beach Marathon Half marathon on March 7th, 2020. Note: Race entry fee is not included in the training program fee.
To be successful in our half marathon training, you must be able to run 3-5 miles without struggling and must have completed a 5K within the past 3 months.
- 16 week training schedule
- Tuesday and Saturday training sessions led by a Fleet Feet Staff coach
- Clinics on various topics such as: stretching, race prep, nutrition, gear and more
- A safe, supportive environment for all athletic abilities
- In-person and email support
- A custom half marathon Training Team technical shirt
- Instant friends and great camaraderie
- Supportive and encouraging coaches and mentors
- Training program discount
The program will begin on November 12th, 2020
Information Session: Wednesday, November 6th at Pub Run and Thursday, November 7th in-store at 6:30pm
For additional information, please contact Frank Pepp at firstname.lastname@example.org