Before you consider filling out our employment application, we have some things for you to think about. Are you right for Fleet Feet Sports? Are we right for you? Test yourself with these questions:
Do you have a sales sense? Our customers appreciate learning about our products… from shoe technology to the importance of carrying a hydration pack. You should be comfortable (even passionate and excited!) about suggesting items people might enjoy.
Are you good at switching gears? When customer traffic slows, you will find yourself busy with stocking, cleaning and more. But when somebody walks in the door, your focus has to switch 100% to friendly customer service, even if you are behind in your other tasks.
Can you stay calm and friendly under pressure? Imagine providing superior customer care to 2 guests at the same time (with your other team members doing the same) while 5 more guests are waiting. They all want the same level of attention and care, they want it in a timely fashion and they want you to be friendly and appreciative. Things can get very busy here and there is always other work to be done. Expect a fast pace for hours on end.
Are you a team player? Fleet Feet is like a family and we work closely with each other, sometimes under stress. And no matter what’s going on in your week, your team members will be counting on you to be here 100% when your shift starts. We all depend on each other and support each other. You need to be respectful and patient, and you also need to pull your own weight when it comes to customers and other work that has to get done.
Are you willing to learn new things? People know us as the FIT experts. “FIT” does not just refer to shoes but all of our products and our service. You’ll need to make an effort to get educated about all of our products, so that you can deliver the highest level of service our guests have come to expect. We’ll help you, but it will be up to you to ask questions and take the time to learn and remember things.
Do you pay attention to the little things? It’s the thoughtful little touches that make a “specialty” store so special, like remembering a frequent guests’ name or what type of shoe they run in. Going an extra mile for a guest by staying open late or rush shipping them a pair of socks before a big race is what sets us apart. Little extras go a long way and make your job worth the effort.
Are you patient and eager to serve people? We expect team members to take a friendly attitude towards customers-to smile and greet them as soon as they walk in, to make conversation with all kinds of people, to serve their needs, to take time and care for them. If you feel shy or awkward about talking with strangers or if you are not willing to serve guests (even touch their feet) you might not like it here.
Are you available on evenings and weekends? In this business, evenings and weekends are a KEY TIME when many of our customers shop and stop by the store for one of our many fun runs and seminars. It is critical to our continued success that our employees be flexible and comfortable working a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends.
If you answered “yes” to these questions, please complete our employment application.
If you have a resume, attach that too. Please email everything to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now Hiring: Retail Experience Manager
Responsible for the day-to-day and long-term leadership of the retail staff and customer experience at designated Fleet Feet location(s). Oversee the execution of staff training and an exceptional customer experience while meeting sales goals and store objectives.
- Establish and maintain a positive staff culture, with focus on performance management, education, and constant improvement of the customer experience.
- Maintain a team-wide focus on outfitting every customer so that they can have the best possible experience before, during, and after their run.
- Oversee new hire training and continuing education.
- Drive sales and training program registrations through training and mentoring the team of outfitters. You are last to fit and first to coach, constantly observing and providing feedback to your team.
- Monitor performance of the outfitters and provide feedback through FIT metrics and performance reviews.
- Lead staff communication efforts, including staff meetings and daily huddles, to ensure that store staff are aware of store initiatives, customer promotions, in-store events/fun runs, training programs, etc.
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, and motivating employees or delegating these tasks to key store leaders.
- Schedule employees and assign tasks to provide a great customer experience.
- Communicate regularly and collaborate with owner/operator and other department managers.
- Manage the third-party customer surveying software, following up with customers who require it and using the feedback to inform staff training.
- Other duties as required and directed by the owner/operator. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
Responsible for the oversight of all outfitters working in the store.
Minimum two years of experience working in retail leadership. Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment. Excellent organizational skills. Experience dealing with budgets, reports, staff training, and customer service.
Want to Join our Team:
Email your resume to email@example.com Be sure to reference this job and tell us why you’d be a great fit with our team.
**This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
Management has the exclusive right to alterthis job description at any time without notice.