Leave it to Bethany to be on a Mexican kick, but you'll not be short of another Taco Tuesday idea!
Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 lb baked shredded chicken (optional)
- 1 (10-ounce) can Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce (I would have preferred little spicier -- maybe the medium.)
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed (more beans = more fiber!)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
1. In a medium pot, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8x8 or 2 quart baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin and chili powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
4. Spread quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and cheeses have melted, about 15 minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with avocado and tomato, if desired