Lowcountry Food Bank's Mission: To lead the fight against hunger in our community.
The Lowcountry Food Bank serves the 10 coastal counties of South Carolina and aims to distribute more than 26 million pounds of food each year. It is a clearinghouse for donated food products that are distributed to a network of nearly 300 member feeding agencies including soup kitchens, homeless shelters and emergency food pantries. The agency is a member of Feeding America and is committed to educating the public about the problems of and solutions to domestic hunger as well as advocating on behalf of our neighbors who experience hunger. For more information, please visit www.lowcountryfoodbank.org.
- The LCFB will distribute 26 million pounds of food in 2016—6.6 million pounds of which is fresh produce
- The LCFB serves 200,000 children, adults and seniors throughout the 10 coastal counties of South Carolina
- 1 in every 4 children in our community experiences hunger
- Every dollar donated creates 6 meals for our community
- The LCFB is 97% efficient – goes directly to programs; with 3% going to administration and fundraising
We are proud to help such a worthy cause!