Whether you're taking on your very first 5K or returning after a long break, Fleet Feet has designed a beginner-friendly training program specifically tailored to guide you to the finish line of our most thrilling event of the year: The Big Run! With support from our sponsor, Brooks, the Big Run 5K Training Program reaches its culmination on Global Running Day in June, at the exciting Big Run 5K. More than just a race, The Big Run is a joyous celebration of running and the amazing community it brings together.
Come run with us! We know you can do it.
2024 Spring Season
Season: April 10th to June 5th | Goal Race: The Big Run 5K
Times and Locations
Our Big Run 5k Training meets on Wednesday at 6:00 PM and Saturdays at 8:00 AM. Group activities usually last 60-75 minutes, depending on the distance of the run/walk.
We will meet at the Monterey Peninsula College Track on Wednesday's at 6:00 pm!
We will meet at Fleet Feet Monterey at 8:00 am!
Fleet Feet's team of experienced coaches will check in with you at every training run to keep track of your progress, keep you motivated, and give you individualized coaching. Training groups will be small, so you'll have plenty of one-on-one time with your coach.
The camaraderie of training with a group week after week will take your training to the next level. When the training gets more rigorous, you'll have the collective strength of the group to keep you moving forward. When you crush a key workout, the group will be there to celebrate your achievement. And on those early mornings when you just don't feel like getting out of bed, the training group will keep you accountable.
What You Get
- Fleet Feet coaches will lead you through two key workouts per week
- Wednesday Group Speed Workouts: fully coached workout geared towards increasing aerobic fitness, strength, and speed.
- Saturday Long Workout: Gradually increase your mileage each week with guidance from your coach. It’s all about time on your feet.
- A day-by-day training plan with workouts for running/walking and recovery, which will keep you moving on the days in between.
- Educational clinics will be in person.
- You will also have access to a private Strava club created just for your training group.
- Did we mention store discounts, swag, raffles, product/shoe demos and community camaraderie?
No refunds after the first day of training.
Training fee does not include any race entry fee.
If you have any questions regarding this Training Program, please reach out to Mimi Bowen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for Winter and Spring Training Programs is Now Open!
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet Monterey