Sunrise to Sunset Classic Speed Training
Ready to push the pace? Take the next step in your training with our 7 week program designed to elevate your running by working those Fast Twitch Muscles with weekly speed workouts and longer tempo/pace runs. It is open to anyone who wants to work on becoming more efficient while challenging their current running pace.
Increase your strength, speed, and skill. Whether you are looking for a base-building program for fall marathon training, or just testing your speed for the first time, this program is for you!
Stay accountable with a training plan complete with daily assignments for running, walking, cross training, and recovery.
Stay motivated by joining two in-person group training runs per week, led by Fleet Feet's team of experienced coaches
The Virtual Tom Fleming Sunset Classic in Bloomfield, NJ (June 21st - 28th)
We will be running the historical Bloomfield 5 mile course as a group on a date TBD, down Broad Street and up Sunset Avenue. The Sunset Classic has been run for over 30 years and is a community staple. We are excited to be offering this new class to peak your intensity and help you work towards a new personal best in the 5 mile distance!
VIRTUAL KICKOFF INFORMATIONAL MEETING
- Zoom Kick Off | Info Meeting for anyone interested in learning the details & already registered participants
- Tuesday, May 4th, 7:00pm
- CLICK HERE FOR ZOOM LINK
WORKOUT TIMES | LOCATIONS
Training Dates: May 11 - June 24
- Tuesdays (SPEED WORK) 6:30am, Brookdale Park
- First session May 11th
- Saturdays (TEMPO RUNS) 7:30am Fleet Feet Montclair
- First session May 15th
- Weekly training & motivational e-mail
- Twice a week coached group training sessions
- Fleet Feet Running Club Swag
- 20% off Gear Up Event date TBD
Final SURGE APP! It's like having a coach in your pocket.
- Use your personalized training plan through the FREE Final Surge app
- Easily see your specific Endurance Training Plan in the Final Surge App (iOS and Android)
- Access to resources and educational video links
- Daily text and email workout reminders
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF TRAINING
- All participants should be able to run or run/walk 3-4 miles comfortably.
- Cost: $150
- Program fee does not include virtual race registration
- NO REFUNDS after the first day of training
COVID SAFETY MEASURES
To keep all participants safe from COVID-19, we will follow a new set of rules at Fleet Feet Montclair training programs.
- Upon arrival check in with your coach. Your coach will ask you to verify that you have not been exposed to COVID-19.
- You are required to wear a mask during check-in and pre-workout & maintain 6 feet of social distance.
- Your coach will assign you a workout area that will align with social distancing policies.
- Please refrain from spitting, snot rockets, high fives, hugs and other physical contact.
- Please make arrangements to carry your own water, keys and bring anything else you need for a successful practice session, as shared amenities will not be available.
- Plan to bring all of your things with you or keep them in your car as we will prevent personal items from collecting and co-mingling in communal space.
- Although you are required to wear a mask pre-workout, you are not required to wear a mask during your workout provided you maintain 6 feet of social distance. You are welcome to wear one during your workout if you prefer. We do, however, ask that you keep your mask on your person during the workout so that you can put it on as necessary. Please be sure that your mask allows you to breathe as comfortably as possible during exercise.
- Bathrooms will not be available at any workouts.