Looking for a new way to train and stay motivated this summer? Fleet Feet & Krank Pop Up have joined forces to offer a hybrid 6 week training program that is the perfect mix of strength training and running. Meeting early Tuesday morning for a strength workout and Wednesday evening for a run | run-walk meet- up, we'll work on maintaining mileage while building strength and functional movement.
Runners see a huge gains in performance, form and efficiency from simple and consistent strength training and weightlifting routines. Strength training helps improve many aspects of your running, including the following:
- Injury Prevention
Finding a balance of strength and cardio, Summer Sweat will help you build the tools you'll need for a successful fall race season (virtual or otherwise). Recommended for all abilities, the program will offer body weight-based movements with modifications as needed. Weekly running and run/walk training schedules will be provided in mileage ranges starting from 1 to 4 miles.
- Six weeks (August 18th thru September 23rd)
- Kick-Off Info Meeting via Facebook Live
- Monday, August 10th @ 7:30pm
- Strength Workout
- Tuesdays, 7am @ Brookdale Park (rain day: Thursdays, 7am)
- Run/walk group meet up session
- Wednesdays 6pm @ Brookdale Park
- Zoom 30-minute educational meetings
- Monday, August 17th @7:30pm; TOPIC: Strength Training
- Monday, August 31st @ 7:30pm; TOPIC: How Strength Training Complements Running
- Monday, September 14th @ 7:30pm; TOPIC: Combo Strength & Running Tutorial - What's next?
- Weekly guided outdoor strength training workout with certified group trainer Pete Isip of Krank Systems Gym
- Check out Pete's video - his motivational spirit is amazingly inspirational!
- Weekly strength training "homework" schedule via Final Surge app*
- Coach developed weekly running or run/walking schedule & support via Final Surge app*
- Loren McCreesh, Fleet Feet's own energizer extraordinaire - IronMan & 9 time Boston Marathoner - matches Pete's motivational ability to keep us fit and fabulous.
- Convenient combination of virtual and in-person sessions
- Weekly motivational emails
- Fleet Feet Running Club Discount throughout duration of program - 10% off all in-store Montclair purchases
- Camaraderie of a group
*FINAL SURGE APP! It's like having a coach in your pocket.
- Use your personalized training plan through the FREE Final Surge app.
- Upload your daily workouts to the app and receive feedback from coaches.
- Enjoy access to training resources that will optimize your experience.
- Receive daily workout reminders via text message or emails.
NEW SAFETY MEASURES
To keep all participants safe from COVID-19, we will follow a new set of rules at Fleet Feet training programs.
- Upon arrival check in with your coach. Your coach will ask you to verify that you have not been exposed to COVID-19.
- You are required to wear a mask during check-in and pre-workout & maintain 6 feet of social distance.
- Your coach will assign you a workout area that will align with social distancing policies.
- As awesome as the class is, we ask that you please refrain from high fives, hugs and other physical contact.
- Please make arrangements to carry your own water, keys and bring anything else you need for a successful practice session, as shared amenities will not be available.
- Plan to bring all of your things with you or keep them in your car as we will prevent personal items from collecting and co-mingling in communial space.
- Although you are required to wear a mask pre-workout, you are not required to wear a mask during your workout provided you maintain 6 feet of social distance. You are welcome to wear one during your workout if you prefer. Please be sure that your mask allows you to breathe as comfortably as possible during exercise.
- Bathrooms will not be available at any workouts.
- Cool co-branded performance shirt add-on - $15