No Boundaries 8k Training
Step One. Step Two. Repeat.
Take the next step in your training. Learn to run or run/walk farther and faster as you master the 5 mile distance. This 8 week program is designed for someone new to the 8k (4.97 miles) distance and/or looking for a little more intensity. Training will start at 2 miles and build up to the 5 mile distance.
Offered once a year in the fall, the iconic 8k training program gears you up for a Goal Event: Ashenfelter 8k Classic on Thanksgiving morning, November 23, 2023, in Glen Ridge, NJ. What better way to start the Thanksgiving celebration than drawing the community together for a fun gathering!
WORKOUT TIMES | LOCATIONS
Training Months: October through November, 2023
- Kickoff Informational Meeting: Thursday, September 21st, 7 pm
- First Training Morning: Saturday, September 30, 2023 at Fleet Feet, 7:30 am
- Wednesdays, 6:30 pm, Verona Park - speed work, tempo runs, and hill workouts (first Wednesday session October 4 )
Saturdays, 7:30 am - meet at Fleet Feet - training runs (first Saturday session September 30th)
Please wear visible gear (light colors, reflective vests/bands, or blinking lights) during weeknight runs when we do not have daylight.
- Twice a week coached group training sessions
- Experienced coaches and mentors
- Weekly training & motivational e-mail updates
- Planned, guided routes for every group run
- Educational seminars covering good form running, injury prevention and more
- 10% discount on all in-store purchases during program
- Special discounted shopping opportunities
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF TRAINING
All participants should be able to run, run/walk or walk 2 miles comfortably.
- EARLY TURKEY DISCOUNT
$125 thru September 22, 11:59pm, 2023 (does not include race registration)
$140 after September 22, 2023 (does not include race registration)
NO REFUNDS after program start