Take the next step in your training. Learn to run or run/walk farther and faster as you master the 5 mile distance. This 8-week program is designed for someone new to the 8k (4.97 miles) distance and/or looking for a little more intensity. Training will start at 2 miles and build up to the 5 mile distance.
Offered once a year in the fall, the 8k training program gears you up for a Goal Event: Ashenfelter 8k Classic on Thanksgiving morning, November 28, 2019, in Glen Ridge, NJ.
WORKOUT TIMES | LOCATIONS
Training Months: October through November, 2019
Kickoff Informational Meeting: Saturday, October 5, 2019 at Fleet Feet
Tuesdays, 6:30 PM meet at Verona Park - speed work, tempo runs, and hill workouts (first Tuesday session October 8th)
Saturdays, 8:00 AM - meet at Fleet Feet - training runs (first Saturday session October 5th)
Please wear visible gear (light colors, reflective vests/bands, or blinking lights) during weeknight runs when we do not have daylight.
- Weekly training & motivational e-mail updates
- Twice a week coached group training sessions
- Educational seminars covering good form running, dressing for success, injury prevention and more
- Fleet Feet Running Club Swag
- 10% discount on all in-store purchases during program
Coaches will help you determine what pace group best suits your comfort level.
SUGGESTED ACTIVITY LEVEL PRIOR TO START OF TRAINING
All participants should be able to run or run/walk 2 miles comfortably.
- Program fee does not include race registration
- NO REFUNDS after the first day of training
- There are no exchanges or transfers at any time.
PLEASE NOTE THAT USE OF HEADPHONES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED DURING ALL FLEET FEET ORGANIZED GROUP RUN SESSIONS!